• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Confussed!!

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
manson
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Confussed!!

Post by manson » Sat May 02, 2015 4:06 pm

I received an email from vetting last week asking me to explain a few dates that that were mixed up on my vetting forms I emailed my reply.

I called them up yesterday to make sure they had my reply and the lady told me they have it and all my pre employment checks are now complete and to await my phone call.

That's awesome news I no but im still not holding my hopes up until it happens.

My issue is iv called the Disclosure and Barring service a few times hoping to follow my application though and they have never had anything for me, but the lady on the phone mentioned to me that NOMS have access to do the checks themselves IS THIS TRUE? or does anyone have any more info.

Thanks

Pieface123
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Confussed!!

Post by Pieface123 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:07 am

Are you going into youth? The check is actually a PNC so they see EVERYTHING, driving offences the lot where as a DBS don't show that, but u also have a DBS in addition to the PNC of you are in Youth.

manson
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by manson » Sun May 03, 2015 10:03 am

Thanks for the reply,

No not going into youth there all adult prisons on my application. Does anyone no if this sounds right then if it's adults only.

Cheers :)

liammostyn
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by liammostyn » Sun May 03, 2015 12:09 pm

:slbg: DBS checks are required for a number of circumstances. It's all down to the establishments discretion. Generally, Cat A like to have a DBS, however it is not set in stone that they must do this.
The only hard fast rule is working with youths requires one. For all other establishments, it's hot or miss as to if you get one done. NOMS always do a PNC as part of the screening though so they know your background.
:slyay: :slRA2: :slvo: :sljo:

manson
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by manson » Sun May 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Thanks for the reply,

Well hopefully it's all gone through and sorted then just wait for the call like she told me on the phone.

Cheers :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic