• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

On the merit list

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
hollieruby
Registered Member
Registered Member

On the merit list

Post by hollieruby » Tue May 19, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi all, had the email on Friday to say all vacancies have been filled and I am on the merit list. Tried calling to find out what this meant, where I was on the list and my merit score but was told that they don't hold this information. Its a bit awkward now as they had already done referencing of my current employer and there is no job. Just wanted some words from the wise really, do you get there eventually if you are on a merit list or is that the end of the road? Is there anyone else who was put on a merit list and then eventually got the call and if so were you waiting a long time? Looking for some positivity, gutted as my original paperwork got lost which delayed the start of my vetting and looks like I have missed out now. Thanks all :)

hollieruby
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: On the merit list

Post by hollieruby » Wed May 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Anybody? :)

riflegreen74
Executive Member
Executive Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by riflegreen74 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 pm

I would think that as your an a merit list it would be a wait until another officer leaves and a vaccancy comes up which could be quite often. You may even find that another applicant may change their mind from your campaign and you could get a call / email at short notice.
Think about how stupid the average person is..... Then realise that half of em' are stupider than that :slnuts:

hollieruby
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by hollieruby » Wed May 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Thank you for the reply, I think you are right. I know someone as dropped out of the training already but I have no idea how many others are on the merit list in front of me. Its just a shame they take your current employers reference before you have a position as it does make things a little awkward. Hoping I will be lucky and will get a chance in the next 12 months

gsim12
Rookie Member

Post by gsim12 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:29 am

What establisments are you on a merit list for. Im in the process of vetting and wondering which areas are full?

samig86
Official Member
Official Member

Post by samig86 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:46 am

What area are you on the merit list for chick?

At least your refs had been sent I passed my rad back in Feb and my refs had not even been sent or my countersignatry contacted before I got the emails to say I have been placed on the merit list at all the establishments I'd applied for!

hollieruby
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by hollieruby » Thu May 21, 2015 12:19 pm

messaged you sami :slby:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic