thought for the day
we must get away from this notion that criminals need to be punished. why should they be punished? :slno: this is an outmoded method of dealing with a person who committed a crime. they should be held in custody, preferably for a short a time as possible, so it doesn't cost too much and if when they are released, they then commit a further crime, well even then they still don't deserve punishment, instead they should be welcomed back into custody, preferably for an even shorter time than previously, so it costs even less than the first time. when released back onto the poor old UK public again, if they commit a further crime again, well - it's to be expected. the UK have a 'REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE system,' it's not that good at actually providing justice for the UK public, but it is cheap and that's what counts :slsad:

now place your mouse top right of this announcement, click on X

A good sign?

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
spongebob2015
Executive Member
Executive Member

A good sign?

Post by spongebob2015 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:55 am

Hi everyone hope all applications are going well.

Quick one ok so passed RAD January and applied to 5 prisons having completed POSTS for all.

Question i have is ive had emails back saying im on the merit list for 4 out of the 5 establishments applied for, but i have not had an email saying im on the merit list for one of them since passing POST beginning of Feb and calling shared services to confirm all 5 are listed on my account as such.

Is this possibly a good sign that im maybe under consideration for this establishment or am i just getting a little bit to excited?

EDITED 08:30AM 05/03/2016

Looks i like jumped the gun with this post as i have had an answer and need some advice from you lovely people.

Ok i had an email this morning arrive just after i posted original post asking me to fill in self employment reference vetting form so looks like the ball has started rolling yeeey, ok however i need advice as on this form as it asks the below

1. when was business closed
2. when was accounts closed satifactory

The question i have to people who have done this form is how am i supposed to answer these 2 questions when for question 1 im still obviously working self employed until i get accepted and for question 2 ive only been self employed freelancing to a company for less than a year so there uis no accounts to be closed yet.

Thanks in advance for advice
"UBIQUE! QUO FAS ET GLORIA DUCUNT"

shadow69
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: A good sign?

Post by shadow69 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:12 am

Hi SpongeBob,

I had my self employment reference form to fill in a couple of days ago too and I like you am still trading until obviously we get our start dates :slcup: So I wrote the opening date of my business and as for finishing date I wrote that I was still trading until I received job contract through - which I'm sure they will appreciate and understand. As for the accounts I stated that yes they were satisfactory closed as I didn't want to put no - incase they thought there was a problem with them plus it wouldn't allow me to explain next to it.

The form is so that SS can get in touch with HMRC and just confirm your business is as you say it is, and they will just check things out with your National Insurance number so I wouldn't worry too much about the accounts bit as they will see themselves when they get intouch with customs.

Hope that helps :slbg: :slbg:

spongebob2015
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by spongebob2015 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:53 am

Shadow

many thanks for your reply appreciate the time you took to write this makes sense and put me at ease and will follow suit with my form, fingers crossed for us both for moving forward :slbg:

thanks again

spongebob2015
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by spongebob2015 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:53 am

@shadow dropped you a PM also

KellieN
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by KellieN » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:19 am

SpongeBob, what prisons have you applied for ?
It's great that things have finally started moving for you after only a few months ! :slcl:

spongebob2015
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by spongebob2015 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:37 pm

@kELLIE

Ive applied for establishments in the Midlands area

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic