• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Dbs

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
CHIpZ_94
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Dbs

Post by CHIpZ_94 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Hi
I phoned ss the other day to see how vetting going on. Just waiting for references and I asked the question what about dbs and the lady on the phone said the post you've applied for doesn't require one.
The post I've applied for is a prison officer in cat c foreign national it's not a IRC!

MrThomas

Re: Dbs

Post by MrThomas » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:03 pm

Very strange response from the shared service centre. As far as I am aware, a DBS check is required for the majority, if not all roles within HMP where you will have access to a government facility. If I were you, I would clarify this.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Shade'

Post by falkor » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:05 pm

ok now I’ll have a try …… seems if you are just working with Adults, or even in some cases Children (depending on your role) ….. DBS is not needed!
PERSONNEL SECURITY CHECKS

Personnel security checks consist of:

Confirming an applicant’s identity

Verification of current address and address history

Confirming an applicant’s nationality and entitlement to work in the United Kingdom

A criminal conviction check

Obtaining employment reference(s)

Personal countersignatory reference

Checking qualifications/Professional Registration where specified in the job advertisement

A declaration that individuals working for NOMS HQ, public and private prisons are not members of racist groups or organisations.

Checks against the Individual Insolvency Register (IIR)

A residency compliance check for National Security Clearance applications

Previous NOMS engagement including any exclusion

Separately and based on risk, those working with children aged under 18 years and specifically healthcare professionals, may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly Criminal Record Bureau).

Check the downloads on justice.gov.uk for more
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

MrThomas

Post by MrThomas » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:09 pm

You have got to take into account the fact that a DBS check is conducted for one of two workforces or both. Adult, Child or adult and child workforces.

If your establishment is within the HSE, You will require an enhanced DBS for both the adult and child workforce.

I would find it very worrying indeed if HMP are taking on new officers without a valid DBS.

CHIpZ_94
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Post by CHIpZ_94 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Yer I thought it was strange but when she told me I double check with her about dbs and ctc. I did put on my application I have been cleared previously on both dbs and ctc on my current job.
But normally they have to do another one.
Is the criminal background check just a pnc check then.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic