• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

The Axe has fallen!

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
lodger
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

The Axe has fallen!

Post by lodger » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:32 am

After 6 months waiting to start as OSG, after passing interviews, after occ health, after security vetting, and many many phone calls to SS to find out whats going on, and probably lots of money spent on me already, someone finally rang me to tell me the job has been withdrawn due to restructuring. What a complete waste of money, time and effort, on all sides.

I am fuming and disgusted that they can treat you this way. So be warned people, if you are waiting on an OSG position the axe maybe overhead!!!

Good luck
Lodger

SHOWADDYWADDY
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: The Axe has fallen!

Post by SHOWADDYWADDY » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Well mate i must say a very big sorry to you. Ive been an OSG for the past 7 years now and there has been rumour upon rumour about OSGs bieng restructured or reprofiled and it looks like it is finally going to happen. The biggest problem us OSGs have had is from the totally and utterly biased POA. Its a well known sad fact that they have only ever been interested in prison officer grade and above, and i can vouch that for the 7 years ive been a member they have done diddley squat for the OSG. I for one shall be looking at what NOMS are going to offer me as it is now the only option an OSG has got to progress in the prison service. The POA will of course bang on about ammended terms and conditions blah blah blah but if any OSG is reading this, i advise them to think about themselves and do whats right for you.The POA were effectivley de-clawed after WFM and i doubt they will ever recover from that particular disaster at the ballot boxes. :slwh:

spike
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by spike » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:07 pm

if you are so fed up with your branch committee who do as you say nothing for osgs at your place,why dont you apply to be a committee member,we have osg's on our branch and none of them are moaning,

ps it looks like as of april they wont be recruiting any more os'gs thankyou again mr clarke more cuts

SHOWADDYWADDY
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by SHOWADDYWADDY » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:25 pm

The POA are all but finished mate, they lost their way with WFM the government must of weed themselves laughing cos as we all know WFM will come in anyway in one way or another, and the offer of 50m was taken back, Its a fact of the ever changing world, that things have to move on and change, too many people are resistant to change and thats half the problem with the prison service and its employees. Yes we need to tread carefully and get the best deal for us as OSGs, but striking and industrial action etc will never be the way forward for prison staff and thats what the POA will want from us sooner or later, check todays newspapers, the government are all geared up for a strike and we will look like idiots if the union lead us into one.

shercojay
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by shercojay » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:35 pm

From what I have heard OSG will be changing over to prison officer 2, sorry to hear your news you must be gutted

orv
Official Member
Official Member

Post by orv » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:19 pm

I have heard that too, and will be very interested to hear what NOMS have to say/offer. Anybody heard what the pay offers might be or the possible purchase of contracts due to the changing of the terms and conditions. The general attitude at our place is 'us and them'...so we have to look after ourselves and get what we can for the OSGs.

SHOWADDYWADDY
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by SHOWADDYWADDY » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:33 pm

ORV youve got the right idea mate, its always been us and them, especially during wage negotations etc if the osgs get offered a reasonable deal to go over then i think we should all encourage them to do so, im very interested in seeing whats in my letter when it finally arrives. Put the word out to all ogs, tell them this might be their last chance saloon to change for the better.

shercojay
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by shercojay » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Well am still going through my checks for a OSG role so hopefully the po2 role is true

lodger
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by lodger » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:35 pm

They have put me on a reserve list for 12 months which basically means if another OSG job turns up then they will notify me and I will be inline for it without going for another interview etc. But from what you are saying that OSG will be no more from April so this means diddly squat!
Unless of course it takes PO2 into account? something tells me that I must not think that way because it appears they don't seem to!

I feel kind of cheated and used. and I am not even on the payroll!!

Shercojay, how long have you been waiting on your checks?

shercojay
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by shercojay » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Am in my second month of checks,however on other note Ive just been offered another OSG job in another prison.

I know that every prison has its own budget so it maybe worth ringing ss up and see if you can change posting?

I had decided not to take the new position i was offered due to the fact its only for 6 months

Perdition
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Mage'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Mage'

Post by Perdition » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:12 pm

to clairfy, the OSG role will be frozen from 1st April, but OSG2's will be recruited. Think this is due to current OSG's on top scale are earning more than new Officer 2's!

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:13 pm

This is just getting ridiculous now........ OSG 2's??!! Where will the madness end? :slbli:
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

lodger
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by lodger » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:27 am

I assume OSG2's, PO2's whatever they wanna call it, is just another way to grind the pay down even further, but technically the same job.

Shercojay, If they offered you the 6 month position in another jail surely you would still have to wait for checks to come back?

gazaguitar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by gazaguitar » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:33 pm

whats the chance of osg's becoming officer 2's. I was tolde we where gonna be called super osg's. Does that mean we get to wear a big S on the front of our tank tops? :0)

Stu232
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Stu232 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:04 pm

when do you think we will hear something about this?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic