thought for the day
we must get away from this notion that criminals need to be punished. why should they be punished? :slno: this is an outmoded method of dealing with a person who committed a crime. they should be held in custody, preferably for a short a time as possible, so it doesn't cost too much and if when they are released, they then commit a further crime, well even then they still don't deserve punishment, instead they should be welcomed back into custody, preferably for an even shorter time than previously, so it costs even less than the first time. when released back onto the poor old UK public again, if they commit a further crime again, well - it's to be expected. the UK have a 'REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE system,' it's not that good at actually providing justice for the UK public, but it is cheap and that's what counts :slsad:

now place your mouse top right of this announcement, click on X

Early Release Stats

high profile stories and issues for Prison Officers

Moderator: Chryo

Dr Doubles
Elite Member
Elite Member
Sacred: 'Priest'

Early Release Stats

Post by Dr Doubles » Wed May 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Of those prisoners released early…

16,334 of these offenders were serving sentences for violence against the person.
1,234 offenders were reported for alleged re-offending while on early release.
1,624 alleged offences were committed by offenders on early release.
125 offenders recalled for alleged re-offending or breaching the terms of their early release are still at large.

That means 1634 crimes were committed (at least) that wouldn’t have been committed had those criminals still been in prison.

That’s because prison works and everybody knows it.

stitchedup

Re: Early Release Stats

Post by stitchedup » Thu May 05, 2011 8:26 pm

Dr Doubles wrote:Of those prisoners released early…

16,334 of these offenders were serving sentences for violence against the person.
1,234 offenders were reported for alleged re-offending while on early release.
1,624 alleged offences were committed by offenders on early release.
125 offenders recalled for alleged re-offending or breaching the terms of their early release are still at large.

That means 1634 crimes were committed (at least) that wouldn’t have been committed had those criminals still been in prison.

That’s because prison works and everybody knows it.
We already know that. We also know that the only way to reduce the prison population is by not jailing those who should be, or by not jailing them for long enough.

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Re: Early Release Stats

Post by purplepig20 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:40 pm

I've just seen my first ex-prisoner on the street this eve, having a beverage with the local wino's. Wonder how long it'll be before I see him on my wing again.........?! :slwh:
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic