• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

OLD STYLE JUMPERS

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

lawah_lou
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Priest'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Priest'

OLD STYLE JUMPERS

Post by lawah_lou » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi there, i am wondering if there is ANYONE out there who has an old style jumper i can have off them they they dont require anymore. i need a size XS (womens size 6-8) or NO BIGGER than a size 8-10 (im very small you see!) im fed up of sweating with my fleece on, but freezing with out it!! im hoping that one day they might decide to re-introduce the jumper as i think it was a silly idea to get rid of it!!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my post

Laura
applied feb 2010.
passed RAD march 2010.
CRB check completed june 2010.
start training august 2010

kanga1990
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Chain Master'
Alignment: 'Shade'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Re: OLD STYLE JUMPERS

Post by kanga1990 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Search online for NATO jumpers, these are the closest you'll get to the real thing.
Pre Fair and Sustainable.

sharpe
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by sharpe » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:58 pm

I wish they would reintroduce them to, not sure which idiot thought that a fleece would be better than a jumper, you can get them of ebay though for not that much

lawah_lou
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Priest'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Priest'

Post by lawah_lou » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:36 pm

thanks guys, youve been a real help. Yes, the fleece is good when its freezing at work, but overall... they should have kept the jumpers!! i have recently filled out a uniform questionaire at work, and one of the questions was should they re introduce the jumper. obviously i said YES!! i also think the female shirts need changing! they are awful! gaping between the buttons, too low cut and no pocket tops, unlike the mens shirts! i wanted to order mens shirts this year, but they dont do them small enough for me!

Thanks again guys!
applied feb 2010.
passed RAD march 2010.
CRB check completed june 2010.
start training august 2010

sswf224
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Yeti Master'

Post by sswf224 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi all.

Anyone out there got an XL old style jumper please - will pay good money ( I am in the Rugby area)

Many thanks

poaftw
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by poaftw » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Please let's get the job back on track, because if all you are concerned with is a jumper, we are in aheap load of shit.
“Some men faint-hearted ever seek,our programme to retouch,and will insist where’ere they speak,that we demand too much,tis passing strange, yet I declare,such statements give me mirth,for our demands most moderate are
We only want the Earth.”

wizzywaz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by wizzywaz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:17 pm

poaftw wrote:Please let's get the job back on track, because if all you are concerned with is a jumper, we are in aheap load of shit.

Back on track! far to late for that buddy

That is why we have postings like this one, a irrelevant posting in the wider picture of a Service going through unprecedented changes in all aspects of the job and the most worring thing to some is a V neck wolly pully jumper the mind boggles :slbg:

But hey ho it is important to some :slcu:

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:48 pm

Guys, maybe this is someone that has left the service for some reason and wants a jumper for whatever reason. Don't jump to conclusions and don't jump down their throat just yet, until you know all the details... :sloo:
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

wizzywaz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by wizzywaz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:46 am

purplepig20 wrote:Guys, maybe this is someone that has left the service for some reason and wants a jumper for whatever reason. Don't jump to conclusions and don't jump down their throat just yet, until you know all the details... :sloo:
Read the first post purplepig
lawah_lou wrote:Hi there, i am wondering if there is ANYONE out there who has an old style jumper i can have off them they they dont require anymore. i need a size XS (womens size 6-8) or NO BIGGER than a size 8-10 (im very small you see!) im fed up of sweating with my fleece on, but freezing with out it!! im hoping that one day they might decide to re-introduce the jumper as i think it was a silly idea to get rid of it!!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my post

Laura
The jumper is for Laura not for someone who was in the job, so my advise is read all post before posting, then you will know all the details/facts!

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 am

LawahLou posted that in 2011!! :slraz: :slraz: :slraz: :slraz:

The other person SSWF224 has just revived the topic the other day. :slnote:

So, yeah..... humble pie anyone?! :slwoot: :slwoot: :slby: :slby:
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

wizzywaz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by wizzywaz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:04 am

purplepig20 wrote:LawahLou posted that in 2011!! :slraz: :slraz: :slraz: :slraz:

The other person SSWF224 has just revived the topic the other day. :slnote:

So, yeah..... humble pie anyone?! :slwoot: :slwoot: :slby: :slby:

So the Service was alive and kicking in Dec 2011 with no issues other than wolly pully V neck jumpers! I think not or are you a PC brigade that have taken over the Service! :slnuts:

Just look at this site other than a few old stalwarts there are no issue wrong with the Service hence on the last POA vote only 10% voted a sad reflection on todays Officers!

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:16 am

Oh for God's sake. So no one's allowed to talk about anything on here except POA stuff and the state of the service?!

This is an open forum and people can ask about whatever they want without being made to feel bad about it.

Maybe some people just want to get on with things, and maybe a jumper is something that is important to them - it obviously is to lots of people, as they've brought it back as uniform! Maybe people are sick of hearing about the doom & gloom and might just want to think of something else for a change. Each to their own and all that and we all deal with things in our own different ways. If you're not interested in what someone's posted, then don't reply! It's that simple!

I'm not trying to have an argument, but I just don't see how having a go at someone for asking a simple question is really doing any of us any good ... :slwott: :sllv:

wizzywaz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by wizzywaz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:42 pm

purplepig20 wrote:Oh for God's sake. So no one's allowed to talk about anything on here except POA stuff and the state of the service?!

This is an open forum and people can ask about whatever they want without being made to feel bad about it.

Maybe some people just want to get on with things, and maybe a jumper is something that is important to them - it obviously is to lots of people, as they've brought it back as uniform! Maybe people are sick of hearing about the doom & gloom and might just want to think of something else for a change. Each to their own and all that and we all deal with things in our own different ways. If you're not interested in what someone's posted, then don't reply! It's that simple!

I'm not trying to have an argument, but I just don't see how having a go at someone for asking a simple question is really doing any of us any good ... :slwott: :sllv:

Point taken, I will leave you with this one, whilst in the job we had a meeting about manning levels being dropped (jobs lost) split shifts being looked into and being hounded at every opportunity my managers for more with less

The above was debated by about 4 staff at that meeting of 30 attending which lasted for about 20 minutes, the rest of the meeting 40 minutes was taken up by the issued gloves and boots not being fit for purpose

I am so glad I have just left after 25 years as it was doing my head in that the same said staff would winge until the next meeting and say sweet FA about manning levels and split shifts

I rather have the man power and terms and conditions than a pair of scanky gloves! :slwh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic