• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Temp SO

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
SAMANTHA
Elite Member
Elite Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Temp SO

Post by SAMANTHA » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Peeps :slre:

I have been offered an interview to be a Temp SO, thing is it means signing over to F&S and as its a temp position, even though i am told i am likely to become permanent at a later date there's a chance of dropping back to officer again, heres my question - if i go back to officer again as its a temp position, would i go back on my old terms and conditions? :slhmm:

sam :slgy:
Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back in.
Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later

kristorf
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Temp SO

Post by kristorf » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:12 pm

To be honest I don't know, but we had some S/O's who wanted to hand back their 'pips' and were told they would go onto the new
T&C's if they did.

wizzywaz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by wizzywaz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:38 pm

SAMANTHA wrote:Hi Peeps :slre:

I have been offered an interview to be a Temp SO, thing is it means signing over to F&S and as its a temp position, even though i am told i am likely to become permanent at a later date there's a chance of dropping back to officer again, heres my question - if i go back to officer again as its a temp position, would i go back on my old terms and conditions? :slhmm:

sam :slgy:
Be very careful Samantha!

The post is temporary so why are you being asked to sign over to F&S for!

I also believe if you do sign up and you dont get the post there will be no turning back as I have seen nothing on paper anywhere saying it is possible to revert back to your old terms and conditions once you move over to F&S

My advice is do not sign over and if they insist back off and stay in your comfort zone of the best T&C that you already have

wizzywaz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by wizzywaz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Forgot to put in my last post a SO post is a World apart from a Supervisory Officer post in one major point T&C so get it in your head it is not a SO post :slbg:

snowdrop342
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by snowdrop342 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi Samantha, for what my opinion's worth-don't do it! I think you'll be well & truly shafted if you do act up to this supervisory post. Why are there shortfalls anyway with the new fiasco that is unfair & unsustainable? Once under newer T&C's I don't think you'd be able to revert back to your older ones if you needed to. There lies the problem of selling your soul etc for an employer who cares little-if at all-for us. Hope this helps you. Regards & nice pussy by the way!

poaftw
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by poaftw » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:28 pm

FFS people read the documentation it is clear as day.

You DO NOT sign into F&S for a Temp. Promotion, and you if on return to band 3 will return as is.

We are just about to be screwed right over with the "New way", gen up on your job.

They have just changed the rules on poor performer and line management to make sacking a hell of a lot easier, get to know your onions quick, or someone who knows them. Because the change is about to happen.

I cannot stress enough what is around the corner, VEDS is only going to go so far and they are going to use some harsh tactics to avoid any compulsory redundancies, watch what you sign,what you say and when you sign and say it.
“Some men faint-hearted ever seek,our programme to retouch,and will insist where’ere they speak,that we demand too much,tis passing strange, yet I declare,such statements give me mirth,for our demands most moderate are
We only want the Earth.”

MCMLXXI
Official Member
Official Member

Post by MCMLXXI » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:58 pm

I can't believe there are still officers who don't understand F & S!!! You can't be made to sign for temporary position, who ever told you, you couldn't return to your closed terms and conditions clearly doesn't know what they are talking about. As with mist staff, they can't be bothered to read the literature but rely on others for advice, most of which appears to be wrong. Regardless of what your colleagues say about the new Supervisory Officer, it ain't going away. Yes there are no financial incentives to sign up but believe me others will. As I see it, the main obstacle for myself is the fact that the unsociable element of my pay is vulnerable on the new T & C's as I'm sure management will do their best to reduce my pay. Sometimes it's better the devil you know, it's a tough decision for those like myself with over 20 yrs left to do. I don't want to be trapped in the same prison for ever, so if I want to move I'll have to sign after 2015. What ever decision you make, do it for yourself, change is always difficult. Yes we know the SO role has been deskilled, but from what I see it ain't going away. Someone once said " in times of chaos there are opportunities" Goodluck in whatever you decide....

Ethnic
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Ethnic » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 am

poaftw wrote:FFS people read the documentation it is clear as day.

You DO NOT sign into F&S for a Temp. Promotion, and you if on return to band 3 will return as is.

We are just about to be screwed right over with the "New way", gen up on your job.

They have just changed the rules on poor performer and line management to make sacking a hell of a lot easier, get to know your onions quick, or someone who knows them. Because the change is about to happen.

I cannot stress enough what is around the corner, VEDS is only going to go so far and they are going to use some harsh tactics to avoid any compulsory redundancies, watch what you sign,what you say and when you sign and say it.
Ditto.

New Way/Benchmarking/BDG - call it what they like it's happening now.

It's being done in a few places to iron out the wrinkles then look out the rest of the Estate. They are brooking no argument with it, so called Pure Model which "must be adhered to" is changed on a whim if it suits them, if it doesn't suit us it's tough. Please keep your eyes and ears open and be careful what you say and who you say it to. I've already noticed a BIG change in some of those who took the CM jobs, they have been told that old allegencies or friendships with Staff who were on the same Grade are out of the window, they are management now and are expected to behave like it. I don't trust any of them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic