thought for the day
we must get away from this notion that criminals need to be punished. why should they be punished? :slno: this is an outmoded method of dealing with a person who committed a crime. they should be held in custody, preferably for a short a time as possible, so it doesn't cost too much and if when they are released, they then commit a further crime, well even then they still don't deserve punishment, instead they should be welcomed back into custody, preferably for an even shorter time than previously, so it costs even less than the first time. when released back onto the poor old UK public again, if they commit a further crime again, well - it's to be expected. the UK have a 'REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE system,' it's not that good at actually providing justice for the UK public, but it is cheap and that's what counts :slsad:

now place your mouse top right of this announcement, click on X

Questions from a police officer

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

jjmm06

Questions from a police officer

Post by jjmm06 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:07 am

Hi

Im a police officer and recently dealt with a suicide at a prison. I was speaking to a prison officer and couldn't believe what I was hearing about the easy conditions for prisoners. A lay visitor also attended (who was a w@nker)

Could you please confirm a couple of points as myself and colleagues are completely shocked by them

- Do you really have to call the prisoners Mr XXXX but they can call you by your first name?
- There are very well equipped gyms that are better then private gyms
- Does a prisoner really get to see a doctor an hour after requesting one? Is there a stack of writing and justification if it takes longer?
- Do most prisons have physios and doctors on permanent standby?
- There are only about 5-7 prison officers for 250 prisoners?
- If the prisoners are locked up for too long, they complain and can sue?

The lay visitor reprimanded the officer for calling them prisoners saying it was bad for their self esteem. He also said feeding, which the visitor said made the prisoners sound like animals.

I was so shocked about how its all in favour of the prisoners, and how over worked and possibly dangerous your jobs are.

Hats off and total respect to you guys.

Demasoni
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Priest'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Yeti Master'

Re: Questions from a police officer

Post by Demasoni » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:13 am

Yes mate,

Unfortunately it is true, Mr XXXXX is standard, however I insist on being called Guv or Mr XXXXX. Prisoners have lots of facilities, lots of amenities etc, however if they didn't due to staffing levels our job would be ten times worse, a death in custody usually upsets the jail atmosphere as well...

We can't say prisoners,mew can't say cons, inmates or anything any more... They are offenders...

Hope that made sense..
He's not coming out! He has been a very naughty boy.!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic