• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
mChat Sunday @ 0900 hrs
Celticbhoy

Need to remember the prison is ours we just let them stay there. So none of this it's there house or own space. You can't go to a hotel and spark up?

falkor
I vaguely remember some movie where tons of missing people were returned to the planet including Glen Miller although he was slightly changed and now played reggae
manc-apollo
In some YOI they do get gifts,socks or little stocking filler type things. Staff will usually get a longer dinner there will be a little fewer staff on over the whole day because bang up is usually earlier. You will tend to find its harder to bang up the more difficult cons near the end of your day over the festive period.
Moredread
We're also doing something different again this year for food. Last year I did a tapas which was amazing. This year with be a 3 bird game pie (pheasant, partridge and duck - all shot locally and prepared by yours truly), roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots and peas with a home made stuffing.
SgtBush
But boss boss....... NO.
No is a good word to have.
You can change a no to a yes easier than a yes to a no if your unsure.

do join us :slcu: on this early morning mChat, a variety of questions and answers to be had
have your questions prepped for our experts and you will get an on the spot answer
click the X top right of this Announcement panel :x-)

RAD

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Cbamo212

RAD

Post by Cbamo212 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi I am just wondering if anyone knows anything of the RAD stopping as it's costing too much and many are failing. This has been mentioned a couple of times to my partner who works in the service himself. I went for my rad last Saturday to find out I had failed and someone who had nerves worse than me and was constantly getting told in simulations that she needs to be saying this and that, I didn't get any negatives whilst there to find out I had failed. I used to be really bad with any person I didn't know I couldn't go on the bus without having panic attacks and stuff like that so I was worried that doing something this big well big for someone like me would be an absolute mess but I had no nerves no worries no panicking nothing... Thought I was going to pass o thought I did really well and I didn't so I'm very upset and disappointed in myself and I feel it's knocked my confidence so much that I don't want to go back and do it, I know I can do the job itself it's just doing something with actors in front of a camera that you know isn't real, you can't act real it's just natural and comes to you, so can anyone please tell me anything more on the rad being stopped and when this is coming into play if it is many thanks

Emearg
Official Member
Official Member
Mood:

Re: RAD

Post by Emearg » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:43 am

If you fail RAD then sometimes you may be asked back to a development day.

I initially failed on a couple of points in the sims but then attending the development day and passed so its not a bad mate.

My only one thought, and please don't be offended is that if this has knocked your confidence that easily then is this really the job for you ?

Would you be able to handle prisoners taking the mickey or winding you up because I would imagine if they saw a breaking / soft spot in you they may try to exploit that and then that could effect you even worse !
8th April 17, Applied - 31 May 17, Familiarisation Day - 8th June 17, Attended RAD/Fail - 6th July 17, Attended development day/Passed - 25th July 17, conditional offer - 26th July 17, vetting started - 29th September, Received start date. :slyay:

Peppa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Peppa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:31 pm

I think the simulations were nerve wracking but at least you know what to expect now and know how you can improve so you will pass next time.

JackaDoo
Rookie Member

Post by JackaDoo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:45 pm

From what you have posted I think it was me you were talking about with regards to nerves. True, I was a shivering wreck LOL but in my defence I have never done any exams, role play since school as I have been in my present (and only) job 24 years.

Sorry to hear you failed and I hope you get the opportunity to take again. Good Luck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic