• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Uniform (belts)

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

MrCcf

Uniform (belts)

Post by MrCcf » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:17 am

Hi guys, Im new to the forum, have an unanswered question and don't want to be left red faced on my first day at induction week (2nd ocotber 2017 at The Mount) :slyay: :slyay: :slyay:

Anyway... On the uniform order it didn't specify anything about a belt, I have read up on a few articles claiming a 50mm leather belt is a good choice of belt (to which I have purchased a 50mm Peter jones leather belt from patrol store!) Is this okay or is it over kill with the sizing and am I going to be laughing stock...? :slhmm:

Justice911
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Uniform (belts)

Post by Justice911 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:31 pm

They will issue you a belt with your uniform. Most prisons won't allow you to bring ur own belt in.

roninwarrior83
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by roninwarrior83 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Not sure that's true buddy I think it's fairly common to supply your own belt.

QueenB
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by QueenB » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:43 pm

you will definitely be given a belt when you get your uniform.

danboy17
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by danboy17 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:13 pm

You are given a standard belt but can purchase another one, people at my establishment have tactical belts etc

BigDave
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by BigDave » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:23 pm

Get thee sen a viper belt. About £27 with loads of pouches. You'll only need a few, one for all your gloves, one for evidence bags and a torch etc.

manc-apollo
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'

Post by manc-apollo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:35 pm

You are issued a slim trouser belt with your uniform. If you chose to wear a tactical belt aswell then that is your choice. You will have to buy that yourself.

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:09 pm

BigDave wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:23 pm
Get thee sen a viper belt. About £27 with loads of pouches. You'll only need a few, one for all your gloves, one for evidence bags and a torch etc.
I've never known staff to carry evidence bags in a belt pouch! As for a torch, only ever used on nights.

Get a Viper triple lock belt. Not expensive and can be easily bought on https://patrolstore.com/viper-security- ... tml?p=1708

In fact, the belt is on sale for £19.99 right now.
If you're a member of the POA, then you get a further reduction. Just go to the POA website and go to the link for Patrol Store from there. There's no need for all the pouches it comes with, usually only need one for gloves. Take most of them off as you'll need space on your belt for your baton holder, fishknife holder, and radio holder clip. No need to carry a load of unnecessary stuff. You'll just have the piss taken out of you for being a Roboscrew. :slbg:
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

MrCcf

Post by MrCcf » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Thank you for your replies, think I am just going to take the belt I have purchased already on first day of induction week and see if they provide one!

BigDave
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by BigDave » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:05 pm

I always have some evidence bags and gloves to hand; you never know when you're gonna stumble upon unauthorised articles or find some mong spiced off his tits vomiting and convulsing etc. I always have a torch too, for when I'm checking on my ACCT's who have several curtains up and their night light covered. Don't get me wrong, I'm not kitted up like some kind of robo-screw, but I like to have some sensible bits of kit on me :slda:

BigDave
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by BigDave » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:11 pm

All I have on my belt is my fish knife, radio clip, whacking stick and two pouches, one full of gloves and one with evidence bags and a small torch.

CadillacV8

Post by CadillacV8 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:12 am

As you probably saw, most of us at the mount wear vipers. In fact I can't think of anyone who doesn't wear one. They definitely don't give you one but you have to wear it over the trousers belt be side your key chain needs to be attached to your trouser belt, never your viper one.
Hope you've enjoyed the first week of college mate, see you in 10 weeks when you get back!

TheCat
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by TheCat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:21 pm

Every officer I've ever seen at my establishment has their keychain on their viper belt. Why would it need to be on your trouser belt?

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Always on your trouser belt!!!
It’s safer, and under the utility belt means someone with nimble fingers can’t access it so easily and take it off you. If your utility belt comes off in a wrap up, which has happened on many occasions, then your keys are open to get lifted by a prisoner before help arrives. It’s not a chance I’m willing to take :slno:
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

freak
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by freak » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:19 pm

:slag:
Take the advice peeps
Y N W A

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic