• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
mChat Sunday @ 0900 hrs
Celticbhoy

Need to remember the prison is ours we just let them stay there. So none of this it's there house or own space. You can't go to a hotel and spark up?

falkor
I vaguely remember some movie where tons of missing people were returned to the planet including Glen Miller although he was slightly changed and now played reggae
manc-apollo
In some YOI they do get gifts,socks or little stocking filler type things. Staff will usually get a longer dinner there will be a little fewer staff on over the whole day because bang up is usually earlier. You will tend to find its harder to bang up the more difficult cons near the end of your day over the festive period.
Moredread
We're also doing something different again this year for food. Last year I did a tapas which was amazing. This year with be a 3 bird game pie (pheasant, partridge and duck - all shot locally and prepared by yours truly), roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots and peas with a home made stuffing.
SgtBush
But boss boss....... NO.
No is a good word to have.
You can change a no to a yes easier than a yes to a no if your unsure.

do join us :slcu: on this early morning mChat, a variety of questions and answers to be had
have your questions prepped for our experts and you will get an on the spot answer
click the X top right of this Announcement panel :x-)

Young prison officers.

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

worriedfather
Registered Member
Registered Member

Young prison officers.

Post by worriedfather » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:34 am

Hello everyone, first time poster but been looking for a while.

This one is aimed at current (or past I guess) serving officers, my 18yr old son (soon to be 19) is into week 9 of his vetting so with any luck will be starting his POELT within the near future if all go's well.

My question is how are younger officers looked upon by the more 'mature' staff?

Is it purely down to how the individual conducts himself or is there any preconceptions, he is a very mature 18 yr old and has been in work for the last 2 years which, in my opinion, has given him a small insight into the 'real world'.

He's a six footer who plays Rugby so the physical side of things I think he will be ok with it's just that he's never faced anything like the inside of a prison before and as a Dad you can't help worry.

Cheers in advance.

SassySez
Official Member
Official Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Re: Young prison officers.

Post by SassySez » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:33 pm

Hiya!

From my perspective it's all about how he conducts himself..

His age won't matter to anybody if he conducts himself in a professional manner.. That said there's nothing wrong with joining in on the banter he will inevitably encounter on POELT and on the wings.

People naturally have preconceptions of people anyway and is only human, but he will soon prove them wrong.

There's a young lad on my course who's around 18, but he's a lot more mature and grown up than people I know double his age so I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic