• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
mChat Sunday @ 0900 hrs
Celticbhoy

Need to remember the prison is ours we just let them stay there. So none of this it's there house or own space. You can't go to a hotel and spark up?

falkor
I vaguely remember some movie where tons of missing people were returned to the planet including Glen Miller although he was slightly changed and now played reggae
manc-apollo
In some YOI they do get gifts,socks or little stocking filler type things. Staff will usually get a longer dinner there will be a little fewer staff on over the whole day because bang up is usually earlier. You will tend to find its harder to bang up the more difficult cons near the end of your day over the festive period.
Moredread
We're also doing something different again this year for food. Last year I did a tapas which was amazing. This year with be a 3 bird game pie (pheasant, partridge and duck - all shot locally and prepared by yours truly), roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots and peas with a home made stuffing.
SgtBush
But boss boss....... NO.
No is a good word to have.
You can change a no to a yes easier than a yes to a no if your unsure.

do join us :slcu: on this early morning mChat, a variety of questions and answers to be had
have your questions prepped for our experts and you will get an on the spot answer
click the X top right of this Announcement panel :x-)

Failed RAD twice

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Quinton
Registered Member
Registered Member

Failed RAD twice

Post by Quinton » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi there,

I have now failed my RAD twice, both on the roleplay elements of Showing Understanding (C 47 marks - Minimum Req = B 66 marks) and Assertion (C 47 Marks - Min Req = B 66 Marks), everything else I have passed.

My problem is, I do not know where I am going wrong, I thought the first time I might of been too soft but I was a lot more assertive in my voice the second time when challenging racism, swearing etc - I still didn't pass.

Should I be challenging ALL swear words? Should I interrupt the actor when challenging them or wait until they've finished their line? Will it down my mark if I interrupt them 4 times in one sentence for swearing?

As I walk in the room the actor is punching his hands threatening to beat someone up, I know this should be challenged but how?

The same actor also claims he is the "king of the jungle" or "king of the wing" how should I acknowledge this?

Another actor is threatening to report me to the governor for no reason - How should I respond to this ?

The last actor who is a visitor trying to get in without ID mentions "you are all the same" - Is this okay?

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Lthenewbie
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Re: Failed RAD twice

Post by Lthenewbie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:58 pm

As soon as they swear you need to stamp down on it
And showing understanding can be done in many ways nodding repeating things back to them

Daveyjones
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Daveyjones » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:15 pm

You need to stop them as soon as they do anything wrong and question everything they tell so you get the information you require. With things like you are all the same.....who,why? . The only thing I can say though is relax and bee yourself. React how you normally would when challenging somebody and questioning etc. They are looking for who you are now what you think they want to see
25/6 Applied
26/6 POST passed
18/7 RAD
19/7 RAD passed
22/7 merit listed
24/7 conditional offer
25/7 vetting started
22/9 THE CALL
13/11 Induction week
20/11 POELT Start

worriedfather
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by worriedfather » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Quinton
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Quinton » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:14 pm

Thanks for the great responses so far!

I definitely stopped them every time they swore and stopped them everytime they was racist, homophobic etc

I feel like I could of lost points for assertion for not challenging things like "i run the wings" etc - Would an appropriate way to respond to this be, "No. We run the wings, not you"?

Thought on a whole I must of challenged the actors about 5-10 times on each roleplay

Elkins17
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Elkins17 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Last edited by Elkins17 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
14/10/2017- Applied
16/10/2017- Passed POST
24/11/2017- Familiarisation Day
3/12/2017-RAD
4/12/2017 PASSED RAD :slyay:
5/12/2017 Conditional offer accepted!
6/12/17 OH assist sent
6/12/2017 all aboard the vetting train :slwoot: :slvo:

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:04 pm

That is a good response, almost sounds rehearsed though, they want you to be yourself and when you have the person shouting in your face it may come out a little different but pretty much sounds like the correct solution for that part of the scenario.
Fam visit then POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July
OH Assist - 28 Sept/9 Nov
Waiting the call - 11 Nov :slyay:
The Call 15 Nov - Start date TBC

Gravey957
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Gravey957 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:49 pm

No one can tell you the correct ways to respond in the scenarios!
You are being tested as an individual and to have been rehearsed the results may be affected!

You need ta pass the RAD on your own merit

I certainly won't put my integrity on the line by telling you any possible ways to respond !!
January 2017 application & post
3rd Feb RAD
10 th Feb RAD results
27 May the call 1/1/18 induction & 8/1/18 POELT ( newbold)
June 2017 training location changed to Medway
16 Dec 2017 training location changed to cookham wood

Bagpuss
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Bagpuss » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:27 am

Failed my first rad last week, re did the whole application again this wk & passed! Received notification of my pass b4 I've actually received the results! As for the rad, I failed on the same 1st go! Be yourself, challenge all rule breaks, but understanding is a why question after! Then showing concern to their predicament! Most of all don't over think things! Try again & good luck 😊
27/10/17 - Applied
31/10/17 - RAD
01/11/17 - Conditional Offer & OH Sent
01/11/17 - On The Vetting Train
02/11/17 - Received RAD Results
02/12/17 - OH requested again & sent again :slnuts:

charackter
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Post by charackter » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Hello guys, I have failed my RAD. What would I have to do to apply again?

Quinton
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Quinton » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:55 am

charackter wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:59 pm
Hello guys, I have failed my RAD. What would I have to do to apply again?
If it is within 2 alphabetical marks you will be invited to an assessment day. Anything more then you will have to apply again doing the same process as before.

Fonduset
Rookie Member
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Mood:

Post by Fonduset » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:51 pm

I may seem a bit harsh, but if you have failed at the first hurdle twice. Is the prison service really for you?

Heather2292
Mood:

Post by Heather2292 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:39 am

Having just done the RAD myself I would say that you need the knowledge of what is expected but don’t rehearse your lines.. as soon as I got in there everything I had previously prepared just went! Before I got my results I doubted myself because I hadn’t challenged every time they swore at me and didn’t think I was overly assertive. Just be yourself and listen to what they are saying to you! Good luck

Mccudden
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Mood:

Post by Mccudden » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:09 pm

To be fair, they are looking for your natural ability and integrity during the role plays. I would say if you cant react in a calm and controlled manner in a simulated scenario how will you act when you stumble across the real thing with no warning?
"Red sky at night. Shepherd's delight. Blue sky at night. Day"

LukeBlue72
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Lightning'

Post by LukeBlue72 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Fonduset,

That comment was slightly harsh, I failed my rad twice and the second time I was invited back for development day for my maths and passed flying colours.. no matter how many times you fail never give up if That is your dream. I didn’t and since I’ve had a conditional offer and half way through vetting😊

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic