• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
five years ago Benchmarking came in which said prisons could run with a lot less staff, VEDS was born and thousands of highly experienced prison officers were paid off handsomely to leave early.
This gave HMP the prisons with a lot less staff that they wanted and since then? Well since then we have RECORD NUMBERS of brand new prison officers with 0 experience whatever. Far better than the hugely experienced prison officers who were paid handsomely to leave.
Join falkor, manc-apollo and npatchet2000, Twisties and Moredread for the BIG DISCUSSION on all this and more, 2000hrs Wednesday night

mChat Wednesday night 2000 :slhehe:

Black coffee :mug: provided free

Status Change

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

PWR2018
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Status Change

Post by PWR2018 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:55 pm

Can I ask a question please: On Steria, every time there has been a change of status, this has been mirrored by receiving the same details via email.

Currently as of today, the status of my pre-employment checks has changed to failing, I have yet to receive an email stating this.

Should I wait for an email, or would you advise sending a letter immediately, it appears sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Bearing in mind I recd the following email initially on 3 October 2017:

This vacancy attracted a number of highly qualified applicants and after careful consideration of all of the applications we are sorry to tell you that you have not been selected for appointment.However, as you were a strong candidate we would like to keep your name on a reserve list. This list will be valid for 12 months from the date of this correspondence and if another vacancy arises for the same position we will contact you.
This email does not constitute a job offer.
Thank you for your interest in this position.

And then recd this......on the 10th of October.....
Thank you for attending your recent interview/assessment. I am pleased to make you a conditional offer of employment, subject to your successful completion of pre-employment checks, which include the completion of a health questionnaire .........

Karen47
Counsellor
Counsellor
Mood:

Post by Karen47 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Yes I would send a letter asap, the sooner you find out the issue, the sooner you can deal with it. Best of luck.
RAD 13/06. Pass result 14/06 :slyay: . Merit listed 20/06. Applied 2nd establishment 24/06, POST test passed 26/06. Conditional offer 11/07. Vetting starts 12/07. Passed vetting 30/10. Poelt 08/01 :slyay:

PWR2018
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by PWR2018 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Update: Interestingly after sending the letter to ask WHO they contacted and reasons ....the status has now changed again to....Your application is currently going through pre-employment checks. If we require additional information from yourself with regards to the above we will advise you of this and request you provide the additional information.

So dont give up hope all of you who failed vetting.....you MUST write a letter though.....keep you posted.
App 11/09/17
RAD 29/09/17
OH Q 03/10/17
RAD results 05/10/17
Cond offer 10/10/17
Vetting 11/10/17
Status changed to "Referred for Decision" 10/01/18
Status changed to "higher level checks or Health outstanding." 12/01/17

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic