• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
mChat Sunday @ 0900 hrs
Celticbhoy

Need to remember the prison is ours we just let them stay there. So none of this it's there house or own space. You can't go to a hotel and spark up?

falkor
I vaguely remember some movie where tons of missing people were returned to the planet including Glen Miller although he was slightly changed and now played reggae
manc-apollo
In some YOI they do get gifts,socks or little stocking filler type things. Staff will usually get a longer dinner there will be a little fewer staff on over the whole day because bang up is usually earlier. You will tend to find its harder to bang up the more difficult cons near the end of your day over the festive period.
Moredread
We're also doing something different again this year for food. Last year I did a tapas which was amazing. This year with be a 3 bird game pie (pheasant, partridge and duck - all shot locally and prepared by yours truly), roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots and peas with a home made stuffing.
SgtBush
But boss boss....... NO.
No is a good word to have.
You can change a no to a yes easier than a yes to a no if your unsure.

do join us :slcu: on this early morning mChat, a variety of questions and answers to be had
have your questions prepped for our experts and you will get an on the spot answer
click the X top right of this Announcement panel :x-)

How many took a development day and passed?

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Ses198

How many took a development day and passed?

Post by Ses198 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Hello all,

I'm new here, be gentle please.
I'm currently an osg, applied for officers and would be 3rd generation if I passed. Grandad was an officer and mum is an SO.
I had my jsac the other day and got my results today!! I got 60c on showing understanding in role play. All the others I got As and Bs. I got 93% for assertion which I was surprised at.
Anyway, as I said I only got 60c in showing understanding. Which is a fail by 6 marks.
I've been invited to a development day. How many of you on here have been and actually passed? It says 80% success rate after development day. Is it true? I'm not convinced I've got what it takes.
Does the development day actually work? Is it worth while?
I also failed the fitness test by 2 laps!!!. 5.2
I thought I wasn't touching the lines in time so I was getting annoyed with myself but the instructor kept telling me that I was and I was doing fine. But because of this I was slowing down. Otherwise I'd have done it.
Anyhow, I need abit of reassurance.
Lovely to meet you all.
Regards.

Kryptonian
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Re: How many took a development day and passed?

Post by Kryptonian » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:32 am

Hi, I believe the development day is very successful and :slcl: the staff are very encouraging. So, yes it's worth going to. You'll pass the fitness next time. By the sound of it, you just need to be steady and pick up the speed as you progress.
Good luck and congratulations on doing so well in the other areas. Also, no pressure on you to follow in the family footsteps, is there? Crikey Hahaha!

Andy888
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy888 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:38 am

Yep, success rate is high, so good luck you'll be sorted and get your pass after the development day :slbg:

keiramurphy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by keiramurphy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:21 am

I'v just recently passed my development day for English. They help you so much! Just listen and ask anything that you're unsure of.

good luck!

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:38 am

Sounds like you need to work on your confidence issues more than your development day, a little self belief and you probably would have smashed it and been on your way to becoming a Prison Officer.

The development day has a high pass mark but that is down to the individual and their attitude to correcting what they failed on.

Good luck on your next attempt, be confident in your abilities and give 100%.
Fam visit then POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July
OH Assist - 28 Sept/9 Nov
Waiting the call - 11 Nov :slyay:
The Call 15 Nov - Start date TBC

Ses198

Post by Ses198 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:01 am

Doesn't matter I passed now anyway.
:slyay:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic