• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Smart watches and womens nails/makeup etc

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Mercedes16
Executive Member
Executive Member
Mood:

Smart watches and womens nails/makeup etc

Post by Mercedes16 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:20 am

Hi all this is my 1st topic :slred: be nice :) lol , I have tried to have a look on here and I can’t find anything that relates so thought I’d make a new thread hopefully others have the same question lol. I’ll start with smart watches, I currrently wear a smart watch every day to track my steps and fitness I do this mainly because I have health insurance with Vitality (if you’ve heard of them) Any way I get discounts and rewards and points via the life insurance for working out and hitting step milestones through out the day!! So this is something I would need to wear all day at work as I do now does anyone know the policy on this?

Now to nails and makeup is this allowed basically? My nails are my own however I have a small amount of gel over the top of them to keep them strong and I have them painted this is probably something I’ve done every month for the last 10 years so I’m a little concerned that I will have to cut them off and have them plain lol (don’t judge me) they are not stupidly long or anything just enough to look pretty!!

So any help would be great cheers!!

P.s does any one know if hmp hewell has a gym for staff to use?

Thanksssssss ❤️
Applied- 04/09
RAD -11/09
RAD results - 12/09
OH - 12/09
Conditional offer received- 15/09
Vetting info sent back - 15/09
Status change-referred for a decision-10/10
Status change - we will be in contact 12/10
Got “The call” -13/10
POELT - 01/01/18

Gravey957
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Re: Smart watches and womens nails/makeup etc

Post by Gravey957 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:28 am

Policy states that nothing with either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity is allowed within the establishments ! So I'm afraid your smart watch will either have to be left in your car or placed in the secure locker with your mobile phone

I hope this helps
Nemo Me Impune Lacassit

Dreams1118
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Dreams1118 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:32 am

Hey, I've not started yet but just my thoughts, I believe smart watches would be fine as you can wear a normal watch so not much difference. As for nails i would cut them short same length as finger tips as if you have to get physical you don't want to be scratching anyone lol and also I would say no colour just clear as you don't want to attract the prisoners to yourself I believe hewell is a mans prison I know it's only nail polish but you'd be surprised lol. And make-up I've gone for a tinted moisturiser just to make me look alive :slbg: I'm not bothering with mascara or anything like that as it won't be necessary. Hope this helps.

Mercedes16
Executive Member
Executive Member
Mood:

Post by Mercedes16 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:38 am

Dreams1118 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:32 am
Hey, I've not started yet but just my thoughts, I believe smart watches would be fine as you can wear a normal watch so not much difference. As for nails i would cut them short same length as finger tips as if you have to get physical you don't want to be scratching anyone lol and also I would say no colour just clear as you don't want to attract the prisoners to yourself I believe hewell is a mans prison I know it's only nail polish but you'd be surprised lol. And make-up I've gone for a tinted moisturiser just to make me look alive :slbg: I'm not bothering with mascara or anything like that as it won't be necessary. Hope this helps.
Thankssss!! Well I only wear eyeliner and bronzer anyway!! I always have individual false lashes so never have the need for mascara!! But just thought I’d get info see if was frowned upon lol yhh hewell is a male prison!! Xx
Applied- 04/09
RAD -11/09
RAD results - 12/09
OH - 12/09
Got “The call” -13/10
POELT - 01/01/18

Mercedes16
Executive Member
Executive Member
Mood:

Post by Mercedes16 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:41 am

Gravey957 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:28 am
Policy states that nothing with either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity is allowed within the establishments ! So I'm afraid your smart watch will either have to be left in your car or placed in the secure locker with your mobile phone

I hope this helps
😫 I thought this may be the case!! This will really stuff me up!!! As even if I do go to the gym at work then it’s pointless me training with out my watch!! As I will still need to train at home to get my points for my life insurance :slsad:
Applied- 04/09
RAD -11/09
RAD results - 12/09
OH - 12/09
Got “The call” -13/10
POELT - 01/01/18

manc-apollo
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'

Post by manc-apollo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 am

Dreams1118 wrote:
Sorry but terrible advice on the smart watch!

As stated above nothing that can connect to the internet or to another device via bluetooth or the internet is allowed in any establishments.

So no, no smart watch. You will be told this on your poelt.
P.s welcome to the forum :slby:

Quickthinker
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Post by Quickthinker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:51 am

Contract states minimum make up dont go looking like your hitting the town nails to be a resonable length. If wearing coloured bras make sure there not seen through a blouse or wear a white vest top. At the end of the day think who your working with and what there capable off dont put your self at risk.
See to many females glammed up ready for a night out rather than a shift at work.
Hope that helps. Also the service has become very lax regarding issue of make up and its wrong

Mercedes16
Executive Member
Executive Member
Mood:

Post by Mercedes16 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:58 am

Quickthinker wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:51 am
Contract states minimum make up dont go looking like your hitting the town nails to be a resonable length. If wearing coloured bras make sure there not seen through a blouse or wear a white vest top. At the end of the day think who your working with and what there capable off dont put your self at risk.
See to many females glammed up ready for a night out rather than a shift at work.
Hope that helps. Also the service has become very lax regarding issue of make up and its wrong

Thank you 😊 yhh I don’t wear loads anyway mainly due to laziness lol but just enough to make me look alive and rarely wear coloured bras mainly black or white but will bare that in mind cheers x
Applied- 04/09
RAD -11/09
RAD results - 12/09
OH - 12/09
Got “The call” -13/10
POELT - 01/01/18

Dreams1118
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Dreams1118 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:23 pm

manc-apollo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 am
Dreams1118 wrote:
Sorry but terrible advice on the smart watch!

As stated above nothing that can connect to the internet or to another device via bluetooth or the internet is allowed in any establishments.

So no, no smart watch. You will be told this on your poelt.
P.s welcome to the forum :slby:
Sorry but as stated above not started yet so just my thoughts!

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:51 pm

Dreams1118 wrote:
Do not give advice on something you clearly have no idea about, especially as you haven't even started yet. Smart watches are NOT allowed.
You're also not allowed to wear black bras under a white shirt, unless you're not Caucasian. Go for something as close to your skin tone as possible. It's a good idea to wear a vest under your shirt too. Means no gaping side-boob gaps in your shirt between the buttons.
Try to keep nails short and makeup to a minimum. You're not there to parade on a catwalk, it's a prison. Remember that these men haven't (possibly) been around women for a long time, or are in for sexual offences - no point in them thinking you're encouraging them to possibly behave inappropriately towards you.

Also on the banned list:
  • glass jars
  • metal cutlery
  • headphones
  • mobile phones and MP3 players
  • bottles of nail polish
  • chewing/bubble gum
  • aerosol sprays - use roll on deodorant
  • perfume - if in a glass bottle
  • alcohol/drugs
  • USB sticks/ USB leads/ chargers
  • over a certain amount of cash - usually a maximum of £50
  • plus loads more that I can't think of right now...
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

Mercedes16
Executive Member
Executive Member
Mood:

Post by Mercedes16 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:14 pm

purplepig20 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:51 pm
Dreams1118 wrote:
Do not give advice on something you clearly have no idea about, especially as you haven't even started yet. Smart watches are NOT allowed.
You're also not allowed to wear black bras under a white shirt, unless you're not Caucasian. Go for something as close to your skin tone as possible. It's a good idea to wear a vest under your shirt too. Means no gaping side-boob gaps in your shirt between the buttons.
Try to keep nails short and makeup to a minimum. You're not there to parade on a catwalk, it's a prison. Remember that these men haven't (possibly) been around women for a long time, or are in for sexual offences - no point in them thinking you're encouraging them to possibly behave inappropriately towards you.

Also on the banned list:
  • glass jars
  • metal cutlery
  • headphones
  • mobile phones and MP3 players
  • bottles of nail polish
  • chewing/bubble gum
  • aerosol sprays - use roll on deodorant
  • perfume - if in a glass bottle
  • alcohol/drugs
  • USB sticks/ USB leads/ chargers
  • over a certain amount of cash - usually a maximum of £50
  • plus loads more that I can't think of right now...

Feel like that’s abit harsh she was just saying what she thought obviously she has been corrected once already there was no harm done!! People really jump on people on here and have a go when they are just trying to be nice or sometimes don’t understand things it’s a shame I see it a lot :( I was just asking in general for info I’m not here to be parading myself around to Any man in prison or not I’m happily married so it was just what’s the general rule of thumb that interested me!! Thanks anyway
Applied- 04/09
RAD -11/09
RAD results - 12/09
OH - 12/09
Got “The call” -13/10
POELT - 01/01/18

YNWA
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by YNWA » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:21 pm

No offence ment but I agree with purplepig
I haven't started yet and I won't comment on anything I don't know for a fact
I come on this forum to find info about a career I'm about to embark on so if I need to know something I want to know facts not thoughts else I'm no further on in finding my answer
👌👌JTF96👌👌

Mercedes16
Executive Member
Executive Member
Mood:

Post by Mercedes16 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:27 pm

YNWA wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:21 pm
No offence ment but I agree with purplepig
I haven't started yet and I won't comment on anything I don't know for a fact
I come on this forum to find info about a career I'm about to embark on so if I need to know something I want to know facts not thoughts else I'm no further on in finding my answer
Which is true! However some one already corrected the lady above once already it didn’t need some one else coming along and having ago!! Plus I already got my answer in regards to smart watches and make up so all was well :) xx
Applied- 04/09
RAD -11/09
RAD results - 12/09
OH - 12/09
Got “The call” -13/10
POELT - 01/01/18

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:34 pm

It's not about being harsh, it's about giving correct information. People can get into serious trouble if they "think" that it's ok to bring in something. Because of the nature of this job, it's extremely important that people have the facts, not speculation.
If people are that easily offended, then maybe working in a prison isn't the job for them... :slwh:
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

Mercedes16
Executive Member
Executive Member
Mood:

Post by Mercedes16 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:38 pm

purplepig20 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:34 pm
It's not about being harsh, it's about giving correct information. People can get into serious trouble if they "think" that it's ok to bring in something. Because of the nature of this job, it's extremely important that people have the facts, not speculation.
If people are that easily offended, then maybe working in a prison isn't the job for them... :slwh:
Lol not easily offended I just find there are better ways to speak to people in life and I treat ppl how I expect to be treated!! And if ppl can’t do that then maybe working in a prison isn’t for them either 🤷🏾‍♀️🤔 lol
Applied- 04/09
RAD -11/09
RAD results - 12/09
OH - 12/09
Got “The call” -13/10
POELT - 01/01/18

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic