• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Do i reapply or wait for an invite?

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Sarahlouise

Do i reapply or wait for an invite?

Post by Sarahlouise » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:30 pm

:sloo: I’ve passed absolutely everything except my role play simulations! I’m 6 marks off a B in ‘showing understanding’ and 6 marks off a B in ‘respecting others’.
Seeing as i passed everything else including the fitness, maths and english tests as well as the other parts of the role play simulations, do you think ill be invited to resit? Or will i have to reapply all over again!

Richy22
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Do i reapply or wait for an invite?

Post by Richy22 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:39 pm

I read somewhere that if you fail by 1 or 2 points then you'll get an invite back for a development and re-take day. If they don't invite you back then either wait for the chance to re-apply or create another email address and create another steria account, then do the POST again etc, etc.....

Sarahlouise1994

Post by Sarahlouise1994 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:55 pm

How long does it usually take to find out if you are eligible to be invited back to re do an element?

Vicavac
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Vicavac » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:58 pm

I got an email invitation to re-take the RAD a week after I got the 'un-successful' email. However, I only failed one of the assesment criteria of the role play.

Regardless, I applied again for the same role at the same prison so I have 2 ref number on Steria but only one (my original) is being used/updated.

Hjl
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Hjl » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:18 pm

You will be eligible for a development day. When they say those that failed by a maximum of 6 marks will be invited back, it actually means a maximum of 2 areas being assessed in the role plays.

I was also 6 marks off in 2 areas and was invited back. I received the invite about 4 days after I received the results.

Hope this helps
Rad- 24.09.17
Conditional Offer - 13.10.17
Pre Employment Forms Submitted - 16.10.17
Referred for decision - 11.11.17
Oh form received and status update to oh outstanding - 14.11.17

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic