• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Scenario questions during application

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Kenzo1

Scenario questions during application

Post by Kenzo1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:32 am

Hi, i'm new to the site and just failed during the application, i'm guessing it was on the scenario questions in which you have to respond to something with either "counterproductive, Ineffective, slightly ineffective, neither ineffective or effective" and so on. Can anyone please explain to me how you know these?

for myself i see little difference between ineffective and slightly ineffective, and slightly effective and effective. How are we meant to know which one is right?

Any advice would be nice, for the maths part i'm pretty sure i passed with flying colours.

Kenzo1

Re: Scenario questions during application

Post by Kenzo1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:34 am

And does anyone know the amount of time required till i can reapply?

K123
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by K123 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:51 am

I’m not sure if you can apply with a different email address
22nd April - RAD
28th April - RAD results passed/OH Assist Returned
12th May - Merit Listed
1st August - Conditional Offer/Submitted Vetting

On the vetting train :slyay:

Karen47
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Post by Karen47 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:18 am

You can apply again with a different email address. The scenarios are there to see how you would react in different situations. No one can really tell you what to put or what the answers are, as everyone will perceive each situation slightly differently. You have to go with what you believe to be the correct and appropriate response. Good luck if you try again.
RAD 13/06. Pass result 14/06 :slyay: . Merit listed 20/06. Applied 2nd establishment 24/06, POST test passed 26/06. Conditional offer 11/07. Vetting starts 12/07. Passed vetting 30/10. Poelt 08/01 :slyay:

Peppa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Peppa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:14 am

On my first online test I failed so don’t give up, I waited a few months to reapply but I guess you could use a different email address and try again

SWM5436
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:47 am

To use the same email address you need to wait til next month, otherwise the work around is to try with another email as stated. No one can tell you how to do the scenarios it is how you perceive the incident to be.
Fam visit then POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July
OH Assist - 28 Sept/9 Nov
Waiting the call - 11 Nov :slyay:
The Call 15 Nov - Start date TBC

Moredread
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Moredread » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:57 am

With regards to the scenarios, the very first one is an example test.

Click through all the given answers and on the screen will come up either correct or incorrect.
When you find the correct one, try and work out and understand why it's correct and this will help you to understand the main part of the test.

Also look and remember the rules of the prison, these will also help answer the questions.

I don't want to put you off joining but if you have struggled with the POST scenarios ask yourself if you will cope with the RAD ones.

Best of luck retaking the POST one's though

Kenzo1

Post by Kenzo1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:37 pm

I did the example ones and i got nearly all of them correct, but i couldn't fully understand how they came to the conclusion that that one is correct. I do alot of roleplay exercises with the course that i'm doing at university so im confident when i have to do it in person.

Like i said that the difference between lightly effective, and effective, to me are very similar, so i was wondering how the assessor comes to the conclusion which one is right, just so i can fully understand what they want.

Burtonboy
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Burtonboy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:21 pm

They want your opinion on what you consider is the best way to deal with the presented situation, given the rules of the establishment.

All of the options are ways of dealing with the issues, some are more effective than others, some would be counter productive, they are essentially personality tests.

No one can tell you the best answer, read the rules, do the practice, and then it’s down to you as to what you think is best to resolve that situation, the situations presented in the post exam are far less complex than you will be presented with at your RAD.

Vicavac
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Vicavac » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:20 pm

Kenzo1 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:37 pm
Like i said that the difference between lightly effective, and effective, to me are very similar
Well.... It's like when you ask for one sugar in your tea or coffee... Is it a small or big teaspoon? Is it heaped or flat?
See, if I don't add 'flat spoon please' I could not drink my coffee because a little too much sugar just ruins a good cuppa...
(I hope you see my point)
Or am I just too fussy re my coffee? :slbli: :slred: :slch:

Kenzo1

Post by Kenzo1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Yeah thanks for the replies. And yeah I think your abit fussy with your coffee a hahaha. But thanks for replying, I think I will use a new email and try again, I think missing out the final questions on 1 of the scenarios tests didn't do me any justice, I was too confused with the answers and that point.

Fonduset
Rookie Member
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Mood:

Post by Fonduset » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:36 am

I'm pretty sure that before you start the test, there is a box with all the example answers and explanations of what they mean. Take your time and read them.

If you keep failing, then maybe this isn't the right job for you.

Elkins17
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Elkins17 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:09 pm

I missed a question (last one on the maths test) and I still passed.

How did you get on?
14/10/2017- Applied
16/10/2017- Passed POST
24/11/2017- Familiarisation Day

:slwh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic