• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Math and English test

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Math and English test

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:21 pm

:slby: Hi there im applying to become a prison officer and very worried about the maths and English tests. Having dyslexia the two subject's are not my strong point at all. What type of questions should i expect what is the pass rate.
Thank you

SWM5436
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Re: Math and English test

Post by SWM5436 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:47 pm

When you get to RAD you can tell them that you have dyslexia and they will make the necessary arrangements to help you with the tests, not sure what can be done about the POST tests other than get someone to "help" you with the test.

Maths is everything you would expect, counting, %ages addition, subtraction and then English again. Is what you would expect, checks your writing and reading skills, extrapolation of information and when you get to RAD, report writing.
Fam visit then POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July
OH Assist - 28 Sept/9 Nov
Waiting the call - 11 Nov :slyay:
The Call 15 Nov - Start date TBC

Gravey957
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Gravey957 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:10 pm

There are various older threads that could have been found by using the search facility

This is a quote from one I found just by searching the key words HELP, RAD AND DYSLEXIA

Skippy wrote: well done sig  

Out of interest, how do the tests at college compare with the online post and the writing test you do at theRAD? Also, are people allowed extra time if they are certified dyslexic like in school exams?

It is harder than the POST but then so is getting dressed in the morning! I am not sure what are the extra things put in place for dyslexia other than that they do get extra help.
Nemo Me Impune Lacassit

Richy22
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Richy22 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:08 am

When I did my rad there was a lad there who was dyslexic who was told that he could off gone straight to interview because of it. As it happened he wanted to do the rad so they made a few adjustments for him, like he was allowed more time to read the information about the various sims etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic