• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
:x-) Merry Christmas from your Moderation TEAM :rein:
KIRK

Eat drink and be merry. I hope your households are full of festive cheer :x-)

falkor
May your chimneys be blessed with the arrival of a very snowy Father christmas and several reindeer! remember! leave some mince pies out for him (and a carrot for the Reindeer!) :rein:
manc-apollo
Bah Humbug!! :x-)
Karen47
"Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't Before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas.........perhaps........means a little bit more!"
The Grinch talks sense. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year all xxx :rein:
click the X top right of this Announcement panel :x-)

HMP Berwyn Vetting

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Negative13

HMP Berwyn Vetting

Post by Negative13 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:37 am

Hi All!

I am unsure if this is the correct place to ask so please do correct me if I am wrong!
I received an email on the 7th of November informing me that I have been added to a merit list and will be contacted when a position arises.
The next POELT is most likely to be in January of the new year but after researching some posts on the forum I have found people are well within their 15th week of vetting whilst I have yet to have any contact since this email.

Should I give SS a call?
Before receiving this email I received another in regards to my ID/Passport etc and that they are keen to get me started in which I replied straight away with all the information they required.

I understand that my wait may not be anywhere near as long as some peoples but I am starting to grow quite nervous as I am really excited to start my new career!

Peppa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: HMP Berwyn Vetting

Post by Peppa » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:30 am

Same
Thing has happened to me :slsh2: I had an email asking me to fill in my vetting then had an email a week later saying I was on the merit list but they have jobs still being advertised!! It’s really frustrating :slnuts: if you ring ss let me know how you get on, I’ve emailed but get a different person every time and they only seem to answer parts of emails and take a week to reply

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:05 am

If you are on the merit list I wouldn't get my hopes up on a January start date, they are filling up the end of Jan beginning of Feb now and that's for people that have passed vetting.
Fam visit then POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July
OH Assist - 28 Sept/9 Nov
Waiting the call - 11 Nov :slyay:
The Call 15 Nov - Start date TBC

manc-apollo
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'

Post by manc-apollo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:40 pm

I think the Berwyn poelt course starting in January is full now. I wouldnt panic too much! 58 people have left Berwyn in the last 12 months so there will be plenty of jobs going in the new year 😊

manc-apollo
Navigator
Navigator

Post by manc-apollo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Ooope that should of said 2 months. And otber people are looking for new jobs also.

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Have read some bad posts regarding Berwyn on KTD and how people were promised the world if they went and the reality was they got nothing.
Fam visit then POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July
OH Assist - 28 Sept/9 Nov
Waiting the call - 11 Nov :slyay:
The Call 15 Nov - Start date TBC

manc-apollo
Navigator
Navigator

Post by manc-apollo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:36 pm

I wouldnt listen to that bitter nonsense on there mate. Its not that bad in Berwyn just alot of very new people to the job in all roles from osg up to govnor grades! It will balance out soon enough.

Negative13

Post by Negative13 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:24 am

Thank you for everyone’s Input!

I guess it’s just a shame that it takes such a long period of time to get everyone started but I guess it’s necessary and worth the wait.
I don’t think other people’s opinions will sway me at all as I pretty much have my heart set. The only issue is when they start saying things like ‘Keen to get you started on the prison officer training’ to then be merit listed for the foreseeable future, never mind the dreaded Vetting wait.
It probably doesn’t help that a friend of mine was recently in the system and came out the other end in no time at all.

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Mood:

Post by Emma101 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi just jumping on this post,

Negative 13 and peppa have either of you received a conditional offer as yet? I am in the same merit list position and just wondering how long roughly we could be waiting. :slwh:

Negative13

Post by Negative13 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi Emma,

Bad news I am afraid as I have not received a conditional offer yet. It has been quite a while but I do already have a friend in the prison who has informed me that the possibility of receiving an offer are quite slim at the moment due to the next Cohorts being in the new year.
I have decided to just forget about it for now and hopefully the day will come sooner than later!

Have you heard anything further by any chance?

Xbcx
Rookie Member
Alignment: 'Lightning'

Post by Xbcx » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:49 am

Same happened to me too on there Facebook group it says a new date is being organized I applied back in july. I no the jan date is full just a case of sitting and waiting..

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

Post by Emma101 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:58 am

Negative 13

Oh I know it's awful waiting, I check my emails around 5 times a day on the off chance. I have read people have applied for more than one prison and mirroring their rad results over, but I'm holding out for the one I want for now and if I hear nothing by the end of Jan, I will look for closest ones. I am praying something comes of it soon, as I really want to do this job, hang in there that's what everyone keeps saying I'm sure you will hear soon.

Regards

Emma

Moredread
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Moredread » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:00 am

The next intake date is mid April, hopefully you guys will hear something soon

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

Post by Emma101 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:08 am

Moredread,
that's good to hear. If you look at the vetting time of some people then hopefully we shouldn't be waiting too long for a conditional offer then in order to start that process. :slbg: I suppose it depends on how many are on the list though does it? I have also read that they take those with the best rad results first, is this the case do you know?

Cheers

Emma

Moredread
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Moredread » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:19 am

People getting though with better RAD results I think is just speculation. I've read posts on here where applicants have had top marks but still end up waiting a long time to get a conditional offer. Make of that what you will.
The whole process from application to starting seems very disjointed in my honest opinion but there are a mass of variables to take in to account.
From personal experience my application process will have taken just over 10 months, 18 weeks of which where vetting.

Don't loose faith, you will get your conditional. Hopefully sooner than later 😊

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic