• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
five years ago Benchmarking came in which said prisons could run with a lot less staff, VEDS was born and thousands of highly experienced prison officers were paid off handsomely to leave early.
This gave HMP the prisons with a lot less staff that they wanted and since then? Well since then we have RECORD NUMBERS of brand new prison officers with 0 experience whatever. Far better than the hugely experienced prison officers who were paid handsomely to leave.
Join falkor, manc-apollo and npatchet2000, Twisties and Moredread for the BIG DISCUSSION on all this and more, 2000hrs Wednesday night

mChat Wednesday night 2000 :slhehe:

Black coffee :mug: provided free

Status Change

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

User avatar
Ilmiye Gdott
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:11 pm
Mood:

Status Change

Post by Ilmiye Gdott » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:13 pm

Hey everyone!! :slby:

My status has changed to 'Your application is currently going through pre-employment checks and has been referred for a decision.' what does this mean? :sloo:

Okits
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Status Change

Post by Okits » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:23 pm

Hey, mine changed to that last week.. then yesterday it changed to “We shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.” which according to all other posts is good news and means the call is imminent!!

So hopefully means vetting is progressing for you into the last stage.

User avatar
Ilmiye Gdott
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:11 pm
Mood:

Re: Status Change

Post by Ilmiye Gdott » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:29 pm

AHHH fingers crossed :slcl: Vetting has been so stressful. :slnote:
Thank you for your reply!! :)

Okits
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Status Change

Post by Okits » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Ilmiye Gdott wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:29 pm
AHHH fingers crossed :slcl: Vetting has been so stressful. :slnote:
Thank you for your reply!! :)
No problem. Fingers crossed for you

User avatar
NorfolkKarl
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Re: Status Change

Post by NorfolkKarl » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm

Mine done this, then went to "your application is currently going through pre employment checks with either higher level checks and/or health outstanding." So don't do what I did and get your hopes up too much! :slwoot: Have my fingers crossed for you though!!! :slyay:
Applied 16/09/17
RAD passed 15/10/17
Conditional offer accepted 16/10/17

Vetting Train :slty:

Got "The Call" 27/11/17
Training starts 26/02/18

User avatar
Hjl
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Status Change

Post by Hjl » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:54 pm

It can change to this a few times before the end from everything I have read on the posts on here.
Rad- 24.09.17
Conditional Offer - 13.10.17
Pre Employment Forms Submitted - 16.10.17
The Call - 15.12.17
Start as OSG - 05.02.18
POELT - 02.04.18 @ Wymott

User avatar
SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1032
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:09 am
Mood:

Re: Status Change

Post by SWM5436 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Yup the only time to get excited is when you see we will be in touch shortly..... can go to the decisions team a few times before this though depending on the speed of your vetting and health questionnaire.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

User avatar
Ilmiye Gdott
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:11 pm
Mood:

Re: Status Change

Post by Ilmiye Gdott » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:37 pm

OH lord :slbli: I've already completed the health questionnaire, just after they sent my conditional offer. However, didn't get interviewed for it. :slex:

User avatar
NorfolkKarl
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Re: Status Change

Post by NorfolkKarl » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Just keep your fingers crossed. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just be patient with the process (easier said than done) :slbli:
Applied 16/09/17
RAD passed 15/10/17
Conditional offer accepted 16/10/17

Vetting Train :slty:

Got "The Call" 27/11/17
Training starts 26/02/18

User avatar
SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1032
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:09 am
Mood:

Re: Status Change

Post by SWM5436 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:18 am

You don't always have a health interview, only if you answered yes to any of the questions will they want to speak to you to clarify this.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

Okits
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Status Change

Post by Okits » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:19 am

NorfolkKarl wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm
Mine done this, then went to "your application is currently going through pre employment checks with either higher level checks and/or health outstanding." So don't do what I did and get your hopes up too much! :slwoot: Have my fingers crossed for you though!!! :slyay:
Hey.. did yours change from “we will be in touch shortly”?

User avatar
NorfolkKarl
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Re: Status Change

Post by NorfolkKarl » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:22 am

Okits,

It changed this morning to "we will be in contact shortly" :slyay:

Karl
Applied 16/09/17
RAD passed 15/10/17
Conditional offer accepted 16/10/17

Vetting Train :slty:

Got "The Call" 27/11/17
Training starts 26/02/18

User avatar
NorfolkKarl
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Re: Status Change

Post by NorfolkKarl » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:29 am

Okits wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:19 am
NorfolkKarl wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm
Mine done this, then went to "your application is currently going through pre employment checks with either higher level checks and/or health outstanding." So don't do what I did and get your hopes up too much! :slwoot: Have my fingers crossed for you though!!! :slyay:
Hey.. did yours change from “we will be in touch shortly”?
Hey Okits,

It changed today to "we will be in touch shortly" :slyay:

Karl
Applied 16/09/17
RAD passed 15/10/17
Conditional offer accepted 16/10/17

Vetting Train :slty:

Got "The Call" 27/11/17
Training starts 26/02/18

Okits
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Status Change

Post by Okits » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:30 am

NorfolkKarl wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:22 am
Okits,

It changed this morning to "we will be in contact shortly" :slyay:

Karl
That’s great news! Mine changed to that on Saturday. And everybody says that is the end of vetting! :slyay:

However, I have only been in vetting 2 and a half weeks so others are saying it’s impossible for me to be done. Luckily I’m a positive person so fingers crossed! :slraz:

User avatar
NorfolkKarl
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Re: Status Change

Post by NorfolkKarl » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:33 am

Okits wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:30 am
NorfolkKarl wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:22 am
Okits,

It changed this morning to "we will be in contact shortly" :slyay:

Karl
That’s great news! Mine changed to that on Saturday. And everybody says that is the end of vetting! :slyay:

However, I have only been in vetting 2 and a half weeks so others are saying it’s impossible for me to be done. Luckily I’m a positive person so fingers crossed! :slraz:
Good mate!

Keep that positivity!! :slbg:
Fingers crossed you get the call. Or wait until shared services is open and contact them yourself? Shared Services Number: 0845 241 53 58 (just incase you need the number) .

Let me know when you get the call or if you contact them yourself etc :slcl:
Applied 16/09/17
RAD passed 15/10/17
Conditional offer accepted 16/10/17

Vetting Train :slty:

Got "The Call" 27/11/17
Training starts 26/02/18

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic