• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
five years ago Benchmarking came in which said prisons could run with a lot less staff, VEDS was born and thousands of highly experienced prison officers were paid off handsomely to leave early.
This gave HMP the prisons with a lot less staff that they wanted and since then? Well since then we have RECORD NUMBERS of brand new prison officers with 0 experience whatever. Far better than the hugely experienced prison officers who were paid handsomely to leave.
Join falkor, manc-apollo and npatchet2000, Twisties and Moredread for the BIG DISCUSSION on all this and more, 2000hrs Wednesday night

mChat Wednesday night 2000 :slhehe:

Black coffee :mug: provided free

First day, what to wear

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Alwatki
Rookie Member

First day, what to wear

Post by Alwatki » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:40 pm

I’m new to the forum so I’m guessing I just post like this. I start my induction week before POELT training on Monday and of course as the starting date is coming closer I’m getting more nervous. The biggest thing for me is what to wear, am I right in the thought that we will get our uniforms once we are there? And if so what did everyone wear on their first day before they got their uniform? My plan is black trousers and a white blouse/shirt? I am female 😊

TIA!

morgs
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: First day, what to wear

Post by morgs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Hey I’m starting on Monday at my establishment too.
I’m going there tomorrow to try my uniform on though as I’ve heard the sizing isn’t great...but first day I was told black trousers black shoes and white blouse.
Good luck!!

Beano
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Beano » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:53 pm

I would ring your tutor first and ask if your uniform had arrived. If not just wear black trousers and a white shirt with black boots. If your uniform still hasn’t arrived Rem they should take you to stores. Don’t worry about it :)

Thinkdeep
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Thinkdeep » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 pm

NtKB wrote a brilliant post regarding this matter.

Leahfay92
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Leahfay92 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 pm

I’ve heard black pants, white blouse and black shoes are what to wear. Luckily I had my familiarisation visit last Friday and my uniform was ready to collect. I also start training on Monday. Where is it you’re training at?

Alwatki
Rookie Member

Post by Alwatki » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 pm

I found the NTKB post, was a fab read and I have the link bookmarked now!

Sorry for the slow reply, as I’m new I couldn’t find my post again 🤦🏼‍♀️

I start on Monday at my establishment, my training the following week at Kirkham 😊 I’m now a little worried as I haven’t been informed of who my tutor is, I haven’t had a familiarization visit, and now I’m worried I’ve completely missed something. I’ve had my employee number and that’s it really. Who would I contact to find out who to contact in regards to my uniform being at the establishment?

npatchett2000
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by npatchett2000 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:17 pm

Call your establishment and ask to speak to POELT mentor if you don't have one at your establishment ask for either the people hub or stores manager and you should get sorted out

Patch

Alwatki
Rookie Member

Post by Alwatki » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:36 pm

Thanks Patch!

Alwatki
Rookie Member

Post by Alwatki » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:09 am

Well I rang them, thank god I did! They haven’t received my order 😩 so I’ve done it over the phone but probably going to be the only one without uniform, but atleast I know to save embarrassment on Monday!

SgtBush
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SgtBush » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 am

Start your induction week in black pants white shirt etc if you have it.
Stores will have some uniform in stock

Leahfay92
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Leahfay92 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Alwatki... you’re on the same POELT as me :)

The guy who I did the familiarisation visit with said no1 will go to POELT without full uniform and he’s never known it so fingers crossed they sort it before then x

Alwatki
Rookie Member

Post by Alwatki » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 pm

Ah fab 😊 I’m so glad I rang, can’t believe they haven’t received my form I sent it months back 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m so excited now though. Really can’t wait!

Leahfay92
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Leahfay92 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 am

Bizarre one that but at least they’ve got it now & apparently they’re pretty good at getting the orders in & sorted!😀

ShakyBakey
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ShakyBakey » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:10 pm

My jail said to wear white shirt, black trousers and shoes or boots - basically aim for officer-lite.
I start Monday too - where are you based for the remainder of your training? Sunningdale? Or Newbold? Or anywhere more exotic..

Alwatki
Rookie Member

Post by Alwatki » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Training is at Kirkham in Preston, nowhere exotic! You?

I’m stressing over what shoes to wear as we will obviously be issued them but if they’re not there then I obviously want to wear something suitable. Think it’s just the nerves kicking in 🙈 can’t wait!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic