• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
five years ago Benchmarking came in which said prisons could run with a lot less staff, VEDS was born and thousands of highly experienced prison officers were paid off handsomely to leave early.
This gave HMP the prisons with a lot less staff that they wanted and since then? Well since then we have RECORD NUMBERS of brand new prison officers with 0 experience whatever. Far better than the hugely experienced prison officers who were paid handsomely to leave.
Join falkor, manc-apollo and npatchet2000, Twisties and Moredread for the BIG DISCUSSION on all this and more, 2000hrs Wednesday night

mChat Wednesday night 2000 :slhehe:

Black coffee :mug: provided free

risley training

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

MrshaneM
Rookie Member

risley training

Post by MrshaneM » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:56 am

hello, new to this site.

i was just wondering if anyone knows where my poelt training would be? im going to risley.

thanks.

MrsWw
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: risley training

Post by MrsWw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 pm

When you say you are going to Risley do you mean you have applied to be an officer at HMP Risley or that you have been offered training at Risley? I believe they run a POELT from HMP Risley, however you may be offered a place elsewhere. It will depend on your availability and course availability.
It took 22 weeks from conditional offer to getting “the call”

MrshaneM
Rookie Member

Post by MrshaneM » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:34 pm

MrsWw wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 pm
When you say you are going to Risley do you mean you have applied to be an officer at HMP Risley or that you have been offered training at Risley? I believe they run a POELT from HMP Risley, however you may be offered a place elsewhere. It will depend on your availability and course availability.
Risley have offered me the job at their prison. i just want to know where my training would be, [/b][/b]only because i have a child and wouldn't want to be spending all that time away from her and leaving all the work to the mother.

Karen47
Counsellor
Counsellor
Mood:

Post by Karen47 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Try not to quote the post directly above you please :slbg:
Poelt will depend on different factors, spaces avaliable, your availability, location etc. They do try to work with you in regards to date etc.
RAD 13/06. Pass result 14/06 :slyay: . Merit listed 20/06. Applied 2nd establishment 24/06, POST test passed 26/06. Conditional offer 11/07. Vetting starts 12/07. Passed vetting 30/10. Poelt 08/01 :slyay:

wikster73
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by wikster73 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:45 pm

When you finally get the call they will ask if you are happy to stay residential or not for your POELT training , If you need to stay local that will be fine. The only problem is it may put your start date back by a couple of months.

MrsWw
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MrsWw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:24 pm

MrshaneM, I have a little one as do most people. I was offered Newbold Residential but I asked for somewhere closer so I didn’t have to leave him. They are pretty good at accommodating you. I’ll be commuting a 40 mile round trip each day. I’ve met someone who’s partner did POELT at HMP Risley so it may well be there 🙂
It took 22 weeks from conditional offer to getting “the call”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic