• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
five years ago Benchmarking came in which said prisons could run with a lot less staff, VEDS was born and thousands of highly experienced prison officers were paid off handsomely to leave early.
This gave HMP the prisons with a lot less staff that they wanted and since then? Well since then we have RECORD NUMBERS of brand new prison officers with 0 experience whatever. Far better than the hugely experienced prison officers who were paid handsomely to leave.
Join falkor, manc-apollo and npatchet2000, Twisties and Moredread for the BIG DISCUSSION on all this and more, 2000hrs Wednesday night

mChat Wednesday night 2000 :slhehe:

Black coffee :mug: provided free

anti corruption

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

SgtBush
Elite Member
Elite Member

anti corruption

Post by SgtBush » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Just a word of warning to new starters...
Corruption, manipulation and conditioning are a big thing within the service. The prisoners will try it on.
If you feel, as new starters your being manipulated or conditioned by prisoners, see your Line manager or security governor.
You need advice and help. Its your integrity.

I cant go into details as it may reveal in what establishment I work in but...

If you get corrupted or do something that is a no no I will

SHOP YOU, I WILL CALL YOU OUT, I WILL STAND UP IN COURT AND HOPE YOU GET A PRISON SENTENCE, YOU PUT YOUR COLLEAGUES AT RISK,
IN SHORT YOU ARE SCUM AND I WILL CALL YOU OUT. YOU PUT MY SAFETY AT RISK. YOU UNDERMINE ALL THE HARD WORK I DO.

Rant over

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Mood:

Re: anti corruption

Post by SWM5436 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:48 pm

This should be aimed at all officers, it isn’t just the new guys that are corrupt, but other than that totally agree and would gladly see anyone undermine the rules being locked up on the other end of the keys.
Last edited by SWM5436 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

roninwarrior83
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by roninwarrior83 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Well said

Kangaroo
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kangaroo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:29 pm

Just shows that vetting isn't all it's cracked up to be. You are forever seeing sqeaky clean police and prison officers on the wrong side of the law.
Good and bad in all walks

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 pm

Falkor, not quite sure why you locked the thread with the most posts? :slbli:
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

Tips23
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Post by Tips23 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:44 pm

SgtBush - what practical advice would you give new starters on how to avoid being corrupted/manipulated?

Thepower
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Thepower » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:11 am

Tips23 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:44 pm
SgtBush - what practical advice would you give new starters on how to avoid being corrupted/manipulated?

Remember there not your friends.....it tends to start off with very small things.... “can you just pass this to such and such’s cell”
“I need some sugar boss can you grab me some”
“Can you get me a rizla/burn”
These happen after bang up when they know fully well they can’t have it and it’s a case of them looking for signs of weakness.... my advice politely tell the little cherubs a form no and remind them off the rules... they may play up but 99% of cons know the score they’ve done enough time to know the dos and donts.

Report anything that gives you a gut feeling that isn’t right remember to set out your stall very early as this will define your career from day one you can’t have a soft approach with anything as it shows weakness to the prisoners and believe it or not most prisoners prefer the no nonsense old school approach as they feel safe with it, you’ll gain a hell of a lot more respect than been a yes man

Honestly look out for signs of manipulation in all different shapes and forms, never discuss money,family or anything personal with a prisoner and keep social media as hidden as physically possible and as private as you can make it use a fake name etc if need be

SgtBush
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SgtBush » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:16 am

Totally agree with thepower.

Their is nothing wrong with getting all a prisoner is entitled to but if they keep asking for say sugar sachets then its a no.
Order sugar on canteen or wait for your brew pack.
But boss boss....... NO.

No is a good word to have.
You can change a no to a yes easier than a yes to a no if your unsure.
If your unsure Say no, ask another officer, seek advice.

SassySez
Official Member
Official Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by SassySez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:45 am

I had a guy try it on..

It started with something he was entitled to.. his medication. We have what we call "sick parade" so those who have meds can go and get them.. all I did was let him off the wing (as with everyone else) to get his medication.

Next thing I know he's asking for a KFC in exchange for £400... I submitted an MIR after telling him no but it just seemed like a weird jump lol

SgtBush
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SgtBush » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:07 pm

this is why IR's are important .
if you feel somethings not right, its not right. seek advice. speak to your security governer

Lthenewbie
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Post by Lthenewbie » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:25 am

That's the weirdest one I've heard a kfc for 400 pounds :slyay:

Tips23
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Post by Tips23 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:49 am

SassySez wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:45 am
I had a guy try it on..

It started with something he was entitled to.. his medication. We have what we call "sick parade" so those who have meds can go and get them.. all I did was let him off the wing (as with everyone else) to get his medication.

Next thing I know he's asking for a KFC in exchange for £400... I submitted an MIR after telling him no but it just seemed like a weird jump lol
Back in private jail I had two prisoners "sit me down" and require me to bring in McDonalds for them, otherwise they would arrange for prisoners to make complaints against me about their treatment on the wing.

No, I don't think so.

Uphill
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Post by Uphill » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:55 am

@SGTBush - I understand corruption and manipulation but what do you mean by conditioning within the prison context? Grooming?

@Tips - I'd say having a McD is a great punishment :)
Their poor attitude really says more about them than even their lack of basic literacy.

mrblax
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

Post by mrblax » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 pm

KFC for £400. what was it made from the highest grade chicken and lowest fat oil?!!

npatchett2000
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by npatchett2000 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:07 pm

Uphill wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:55 am
@SGTBush - I understand corruption and manipulation but what do you mean by conditioning within the prison context? Grooming?

@Tips - I'd say having a McD is a great punishment :)
Conditioning is where a prisoner grooms you into doing what they want it will start small usually something like asking u to take a fag or a note to his buddy on a different wing etc and then they built it up like well u did that for me last week if u don't pick up a panel for me from xyz on the outside and bring it in for me I'll tell your bosses what u did last week and u will get sacked etc

HTH

Patch

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic