thought for the day
we must get away from this notion that criminals need to be punished. why should they be punished? :slno: this is an outmoded method of dealing with a person who committed a crime. they should be held in custody, preferably for a short a time as possible, so it doesn't cost too much and if when they are released, they then commit a further crime, well even then they still don't deserve punishment, instead they should be welcomed back into custody, preferably for an even shorter time than previously, so it costs even less than the first time. when released back onto the poor old UK public again, if they commit a further crime again, well - it's to be expected. the UK have a 'REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE system,' it's not that good at actually providing justice for the UK public, but it is cheap and that's what counts :slsad:

now place your mouse top right of this announcement, click on X

My journey from RAD and Beyond

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
CyberSquirrel
Rookie Member

Post by CyberSquirrel » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:09 pm

So after 6 years as police officer - (redundancy) change of career to Prison Officer.
So had RAD on 10/04/2017 and failed Sims :( got -3 so had to retake whole test today (19/04/2017) Passed English, Maths, Fitness and Medical :) now anxiously waiting for email!! to see if i passed or have to redo again.

I have applied to HMP Highpoint - Anyone else awaiting decision or booked on POELT going to HP.

Philm1981
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: My journey from RAD and Beyond

Post by Philm1981 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Didn't think police officers could be made redundant. At least they couldn't be when I was in.

Good luck 👍🏻

Kirk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kirk » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:35 pm

I agree I thought the police cuts came by not replacing officers rather than redundancy. As you were a pc I would of thought the prison service scenarios wouldn't have caused any problems for u

AJ 2017
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Holy Avenger'
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Post by AJ 2017 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Good luck with your results cybersquirell! hopefully you pass this time round and kirk could of been nerves as they can get the better of anyone on any day or the fact police might do things a little differently from prison officers

Kirk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kirk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Just an observation nothing more

CyberSquirrel
Rookie Member

Post by CyberSquirrel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Sorry was 5 years (1 year ahead of myself) Well my 5 years was made up of 4 years as a Special (1 year doing full time hours) and 1 year PC probation before leaving.

the police and prison officer jobs seems the same but they are worlds apart i think - Police you are putting them away and Prison trying to help rehabilitate them :)

So RAD 1 - failed 2 competencies (SIMS) -3 Retake whole RAD again
Yesterday RAD Retake - Passed Fitness, Medical, both tests :) but to my amazement failed 1 competency (I failed on something i passed on first time and passed the two i failed - My own downfall i think was too focused on passing the failed parts that i sort relaxed in the other 5 parts) so on a -1 now gotta resit the failed element - Does anyone know if that is the whole SIMS again or just resit the 1 competency i failed.

Thanks guys!!

(PS the police SAGA is all so confusing)

AJ 2017
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by AJ 2017 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:47 pm

unlucky! and it will be 1 only but don't go over ( in your head ) that scenario or the three you took because it will be a completely different one , on the retake you will spend a long time , hours in fact discussing where you went wrong , then you will just re do one , you will be better prepared and the help on the day is fantastic

CyberSquirrel
Rookie Member

Post by CyberSquirrel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:20 pm

How do you retake Non Verbal Communication 😂 and apparently its the same ones again according to the RAD guy cos it was the same ones i took the first time.

So im guessing i failed on 1 sim to get a minus 1? Rather then all 3?

Kirk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kirk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Nodding dog, no arm crossing and look the person in the eye and if they are sitting down don't stand over them

AJ 2017
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by AJ 2017 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Kirk wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 pm
Nodding dog, no arm crossing and look the person in the eye and if they are sitting down don't stand over them
[/quote

perfect advise!

Kirk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kirk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:46 pm

:slbg:

CyberSquirrel
Rookie Member

Post by CyberSquirrel » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:30 am

Nodding Dog - perfect.

Question - So been told on Wednesday someone from Development Team would call to arrange time for me to go back.... (No received such call or email)
When i had to retake i just rescheduled my RAD via online ... Do you think if i just rescheduled and turn up i would be able to take the failed element? Or be turned away and told to wait.

Thanks.

CyberSquirrel
Rookie Member

Post by CyberSquirrel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:51 pm

So i retook my Third RAD today ... Unlike the first two times i have received a OH email to complete questionnaire ... Yet i am awaiting my results - is it a pretty good sign i passed or just standard protocol?

What happens from here?

Cheers peeps x

Mjaymz
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Mjaymz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Don't wanna put a downer on anything but that's standard procedure cybersquirrel everyone receives that but best of look all the same

CyberSquirrel
Rookie Member

Post by CyberSquirrel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:59 pm

Mjaymz wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:39 pm
Don't wanna put a downer on anything but that's standard procedure cybersquirrel everyone receives that but best of look all the same
Thanks - but seems strange I didn't receive after my first failed one. But after my third about 4 hours after i left while awaiting results.

*Fingers crossed*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic