• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Reserve list

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Burtonboy
Official Member
Official Member

Reserve list

Post by Burtonboy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:40 pm

I've only applied to one prison, only one within an hours drive that seem to be recruiting at the moment. I've been told today that there is no current position at that prison but I've been placed on a reserve list should a position become available in the next twelve months.

I know it is a how long is a piece of string, but how long do people have to wait before receiving a job offer, or is it I'm unlikely to receive an offer if they are already staffed?

Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Reserve list

Post by Newbie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi congrats on passing your rad. it all depends on where you have applied for and if there is space. I did my Rad in May and still on a merit list. You can send your scores onto other prisons and apply for them to increase your chances of getting a position. Unfortunately it is like how long is a piece of string. Some people wait days, some weeks and some months. I've yet to hear of anyone's 12 months expiring without a offer yet though. Don't be disheartened, good things come to those who wait. If you search in the box at top of screen for "merit list" you will see lots of discussions on this topic and successful stories. Best of luck.
Rad 23rd May
Results 24th May
Merit List 6th June
Waiting :slwh:

Burtonboy
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Burtonboy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks for that, I guess it's a case of having patience, I've set up some job alerts to hopefully alert me to any vacancies that come up at any local prisons.

anthony10
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by anthony10 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi,

I was put on the merit list and the job advert was taken down, within 4 weeks I received an email offering me a conditional offer and vetting information.

Hopefully you will hear something soon (fingers crossed) please note getting period can take days or months so it’s a case of hanging on in there, but it will be worth it in the end :-) good luck and all the best

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic