• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Failed rad. Thoughts?

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Rexrippington

Failed rad. Thoughts?

Post by Rexrippington » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:58 pm

Evening all. Long term lerker.

As it says found out I failed today. After worrying about all the other aspects it was the usual role play fail which I actually felt confident about.

And for reference I took my test on the 11th at Manchester so it's not taken long.

Anyway I'll be reading up on them on here anywhere really. But I had a few questions.

I failed 5 of 7 aspects. Some by 1% some by more. I'm going to ring SS in the morning to find out if Ill be offered a retake as my preferred prison has taken off there recruitment. But do you think ill qualify? And what time do they open?

Think I saw on here something about a course they offer to help coach you on the role plays and its offered with the resit. But as I've not seen mention of it since I may have miss read but if anyone knows of such a thing I'd like to hear about it.

Cheers

F1R3BLADE
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Failed rad. Thoughts?

Post by F1R3BLADE » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:39 pm

They may contact you over time to go to a development day if you narrowly failed on one aspect, no timeframes on this however, you can call them in the morning, they are open 8am - 6pm, you'll have their number on your emails.

Good luck and don't give in at the first hurdle if it's what you really want to do.
There's a fine line between hyphenated words

keiramurphy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by keiramurphy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:37 am

Sorry to hear that you failed, dont beat yourself up though,

i failed on the English in June, and got offered a retake last week so took quite a while but i passed.

Maybe ring up, but keep practicing. i bought the prison officer book off the internet and it helped me alot with the role plays.

good luck!

SWM5436
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:31 am

It's been almost 3 years, hoping he has either passed and working in the prison or found a different calling, but at least you used the search function so that's one positive.
POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD passed - 15 July :slcup:
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July :sloo:
OH Assist - 28 Sept
Awaiting scrutinisation by OH Assist - 19 Oct

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic