• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Vetting appeal: forgot to declare speeding ticket

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
brooksie

Vetting appeal: forgot to declare speeding ticket

Post by brooksie » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Evening all! Looking for some advice please...I had my vetting refused today and upon looking at my initial form all I can think of (and realise now) is that I have failed to declare a speeding ticket which happened so long ago and I genuinely forgot to declare. I've been told I can appeal and have asked for my disclosure already. Has anyone got any advice or knowledge on how successful I may be on appealing this? I did declare a police caution I received which happened over 8 years ago so I'm hoping that this can demonstrate my honesty and that it was a genuine mistake. Many thanks in advance!

SgtBush
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Re: Vetting appeal: forgot to declare speeding ticket

Post by SgtBush » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 pm

It may be because you failed to declare a long time ago speeding, but I'm sure I read somewhere that ss phoned someone up to ask this whist vetting was going on...
It may be for your caution.
What is the nature of your caution?
You dont have to answer that if you dont want to but if it was for fraud or assault it may... I say may not go in your favour.
Do you have ccj or iva or the like? That could indicate that you have financial troubles and ay be at risk of bribery.
On the flip side, make sure your NI is correct as I know someone who vetting put his ni number one digit out and couldn't find them on data bases so failed... Appealed and was successful.

Their is a multitude of things that can happen, has your employer or last employer sent a reference for you?
What's your record with HMRC like/
Are you on the electrol register
Gaps in employment on application....

As youcan see these are a few reasons vetting can fail.
Zulu's at dawn is for prison officers only. Pm me for verification process

Bigben

Post by Bigben » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:53 am

Very unlikely to be the speeding ticket have been caught speeding myself and passed vetting more likely to have been the caution.

brooksie

Post by brooksie » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Update...I've had the letter back from MJ and it states it was due to the Criminal Convicions part of my application. Having checked DVLA I can see I have expired and current traffic offences, expired is for speeding and current is for failing to comply with traffic signal. So I definitely did not declare this. No CCJS, never been to prison, etc etc. I don't want to go into much details of the caution but it was not for serious offence at all and not related to criminal activities or drugs or alcohol.

My main question is this; can I appeal at all? I feel not. But, how soon can I reapply for vetting, knowing exactly what I need to declare now on the form?

Feeling so gutted right now!

Thanks

SgtBush
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by SgtBush » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:46 pm

No harm in trying, just come up with an excuse for not declaring them in the first place.
You dont ask.... You dont get
Zulu's at dawn is for prison officers only. Pm me for verification process

brooksie

Post by brooksie » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Can I reapply for the vetting again another time does anybody know?

ENF1234
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Post by ENF1234 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Hi Brooksie

Sorry to hear your circumstance, is there a number on the letter you could contact with regards to further clarification.

Also did you get you receive a copy of your disclosure and barring search. This may help in your appeal

Tiger
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Tiger » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:09 pm

brooksie wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:25 pm
Update...I've had the letter back from MJ and it states it was due to the Criminal Convicions part of my application. Having checked DVLA I can see I have expired and current traffic offences, expired is for speeding and current is for failing to comply with traffic signal. So I definitely did not declare this. No CCJS, never been to prison, etc etc. I don't want to go into much details of the caution but it was not for serious offence at all and not related to criminal activities or drugs or alcohol.

My main question is this; can I appeal at all? I feel not. But, how soon can I reapply for vetting, knowing exactly what I need to declare now on the form?

Feeling so gutted right now!

Thanks
So what did you fail vetting for ? I'm confused. I have a caution and I've been told I should be okay.
:slbg: RAD 2nd Sept
:slyay: RAD results 4th Sept
Now waiting... :slwin:

Vetting form :sltgn: 6th Oct
Submitted 15th Oct :slred:

:slyay: on the vetting train :slcl:

Cydders06
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Cydders06 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:46 pm

I'd defo appeal as a Criminal conviction is different to caution and fixed penalties. A criminal conviction would mean being charged of an offence I'm sure?!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic