• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Vetting Here I Come

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
mpeng82
Registered Member
Registered Member

Vetting Here I Come

Post by mpeng82 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:41 pm

I know I have a long wait ahead of me but I just wanted to say thank you :slcup:

I've read many posts on this site, some have been fun, some have been harsh but many have been informative and without this site I think I would have found the process harder.

I've always been intrigued about the prison service and always fancied joining but time was never right.

Over the last 18months give or take I have lost 2.8 stone and now 15.3 (still a lot to lose)

I applied for a prison on 5th September and completed the online test, like you all have and received an invite to a RAD on the 7th September.

I opted for 10th September for RAD and could not believe how quick the process was.

Unfortunately on the day the nurse was not available to the physical element could not be completed.

12th September, got the email that stated I'd passed and to call to book for a physical. This was booked for the 25th September and turning up I was then told that again there was no nurse :(

I was rebooked for a weeks time Monday 2nd October, which was the earliest - gutted

I met another guy in the car park who had a similar issue to me and told him not to bother paying for the car park as the nurse was not available and like me disappointed that this was the second time.

I got to work and decided to call the establishment to see if they had any cancellations for earlier dates - thankfully I was told I could go to another training centre, that day and they would completed the physical element, and off I went - getting there, sitting in my car nearly two hours early :)

In I went and who else did I meet but the guy who I spoke with in the car park in in the morning.

Now I was panicking that I would fail the beep and this guy made it worse looking at him, as he was, well in fine shape ;)

He was actually a decent lad, we got talking and we briefly discussed backgrounds etc.

I've got to say without him being the pace setter I think I would have failed the Bleep Test. I got to Stage 3 and thought "half way", I then got to stage 4 and though OMG I'm sweating and this guy is loving it.

Then stage 5 and the instructor did the best thing....... FOUR MORE LAPS LADS

This was what I needed and passed the beep test :)
Everything else was a easy

So after a very long post (sorry) thank you to you all for the many posts I have read that have helped and the encouragement received on posts made.

Now I just have the long wait to complete vetting etc................................. :slyay:

Oh one last question - when can I arrange a Familiarisation Visit?

Peppa
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Vetting Here I Come

Post by Peppa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Congratulations on passing !

That’s worrying that they knew you were there for the physical but didn’t inform you a nurse wasn’t present😳

I have mine on Thursday and also only need the physical so I really hope she’s there!

Tiger
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Tiger » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:06 pm

mpeng82 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:41 pm
I know I have a long wait ahead of me but I just wanted to say thank you :slcup:

I've read many posts on this site, some have been fun, some have been harsh but many have been informative and without this site I think I would have found the process harder.

I've always been intrigued about the prison service and always fancied joining but time was never right.

Over the last 18months give or take I have lost 2.8 stone and now 15.3 (still a lot to lose)

I applied for a prison on 5th September and completed the online test, like you all have and received an invite to a RAD on the 7th September.

I opted for 10th September for RAD and could not believe how quick the process was.

Unfortunately on the day the nurse was not available to the physical element could not be completed.

12th September, got the email that stated I'd passed and to call to book for a physical. This was booked for the 25th September and turning up I was then told that again there was no nurse :(

I was rebooked for a weeks time Monday 2nd October, which was the earliest - gutted

I met another guy in the car park who had a similar issue to me and told him not to bother paying for the car park as the nurse was not available and like me disappointed that this was the second time.

I got to work and decided to call the establishment to see if they had any cancellations for earlier dates - thankfully I was told I could go to another training centre, that day and they would completed the physical element, and off I went - getting there, sitting in my car nearly two hours early :)

In I went and who else did I meet but the guy who I spoke with in the car park in in the morning.

Now I was panicking that I would fail the beep and this guy made it worse looking at him, as he was, well in fine shape ;)

He was actually a decent lad, we got talking and we briefly discussed backgrounds etc.

I've got to say without him being the pace setter I think I would have failed the Bleep Test. I got to Stage 3 and thought "half way", I then got to stage 4 and though OMG I'm sweating and this guy is loving it.

Then stage 5 and the instructor did the best thing....... FOUR MORE LAPS LADS

This was what I needed and passed the beep test :)
Everything else was a easy

So after a very long post (sorry) thank you to you all for the many posts I have read that have helped and the encouragement received on posts made.

Now I just have the long wait to complete vetting etc................................. :slyay:

Oh one last question - when can I arrange a Familiarisation Visit?

Well done! I did my RAD with a lad, and our personal trainers pushed us. Come on guys 4 to go! 2 to go! It's hard but you did it!
I passed my RAD then did a familrisation event. I think it's meant to be done before your RAD. Do it on your account where you took your tests before the RAD. that's what I did. Congrats and good luck. I'm about to enter the vetting world tooooo!
:slbg: RAD 2nd Sept
:slyay: RAD results 4th Sept
Now waiting... :slwin:

Vetting form :sltgn: 6th Oct
Submitted 15th Oct :slred:

:slyay: on the vetting train :slcl:

mpeng82
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by mpeng82 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:19 pm

thanks both something its amazing how you feel when you know youve passed.

now vetting and no doubt this will also be challenging and not just the wait

haha

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic