• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
five years ago Benchmarking came in which said prisons could run with a lot less staff, VEDS was born and thousands of highly experienced prison officers were paid off handsomely to leave early.
This gave HMP the prisons with a lot less staff that they wanted and since then? Well since then we have RECORD NUMBERS of brand new prison officers with 0 experience whatever. Far better than the hugely experienced prison officers who were paid handsomely to leave.
Join falkor, manc-apollo and npatchet2000, Twisties and Moredread for the BIG DISCUSSION on all this and more, 2000hrs Wednesday night

mChat Wednesday night 2000 :slhehe:

Black coffee :mug: provided free

POELT Pay

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
TangoVictor
Official Member
Official Member
Mood:

Re: POELT Pay

Post by TangoVictor » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:12 am

Thanks to all replies. This has been sorted. Wages are different as per SWM says; dependant on your supplements. I’m a a hard to recruit prison si my supplements are different and so is my wage. Thanks though to all.
Starting as a Prison Officer April 2018 :slzz: :slda:

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

ShakyBakey
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ShakyBakey » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi tango - is that the recruitment and retention supplement you're talking about?
Not the high cost of living london one.. so you get paid that all the way through?
My nick gets it, but would rather not miss out on three months of it.

Cheers,

Shaky

TheCat
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by TheCat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 pm

People are wrong to be telling you what you should be taking home. Every jail pays different amounts for the same job. When I was at college at the beginning of the spring some were on 21k while others were on 28k, it's a huge difference, some taking home 1300 a month and others 1700.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic