• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
five years ago Benchmarking came in which said prisons could run with a lot less staff, VEDS was born and thousands of highly experienced prison officers were paid off handsomely to leave early.
This gave HMP the prisons with a lot less staff that they wanted and since then? Well since then we have RECORD NUMBERS of brand new prison officers with 0 experience whatever. Far better than the hugely experienced prison officers who were paid handsomely to leave.
Join falkor, manc-apollo and npatchet2000, Twisties and Moredread for the BIG DISCUSSION on all this and more, 2000hrs Wednesday night

mChat Wednesday night 2000 :slhehe:

Black coffee :mug: provided free

OH Assist Call To Updating Vetting

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
mpeng82
Official Member
Official Member

OH Assist Call To Updating Vetting

Post by mpeng82 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:57 am

Hey All,

There is lot a of posts on OH but none specific to the titled as far as i can see.

In a nutshell i know timescales vary person to person and nobody knows apart from vetting but...

For those who have had an OH Assist call, how long did it take for vetting to be updated?

i had my call on 6th December and told on the call i was ok to continue in vetting.

8th December case passed over and closed.

i get the impression it could take weeks for vetting to update tjis in my record though :slsad:

Cheers

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Mood:

Re: OH Assist Call To Updating Vetting

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:36 am

You have answered your own question, it can vary. Just because your OH assist has now been closed does not mean that your vetting has finished. OH assist will upload their part normally the same day when completed but if you still have other stuff outstanding your vetting message on steria won't necessarily change.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

mpeng82
Official Member
Official Member

Post by mpeng82 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:03 am

Sorry SWM, i know that vetting will continue.

My question was more to do with how long vetting (roughly) takes to update your records on their side on OH Assist call specifically and not in relation to any other parts of vetting.

Ive read on a few threads people have said it has taken two weeks for SS to update their file with the OH outcome and speaking to SS they did not give a timescale of when this will be updated just stating a while.

As from my previous post my Steria account has never changed since i started vettting and just states that i am in pre employeement checks, so as i dont have that as an indication i was looking for experiences from others who had completed an OH Assist Call.

Plenty may not know the timescales, however some may.

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:59 am

My personal experience is it took 2 days from call to status change but that was the final piece of the puzzle for me.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

MrsWw
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MrsWw » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:05 pm

It was something like 18 weeks before the vetting team received or acknowledged my OH results (I kid you not!)
It took 22 weeks from conditional offer to getting “the call”

mpeng82
Official Member
Official Member

Post by mpeng82 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:12 pm

that's grim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic