thought for the day
we must get away from this notion that criminals need to be punished. why should they be punished? :slno: this is an outmoded method of dealing with a person who committed a crime. they should be held in custody, preferably for a short a time as possible, so it doesn't cost too much and if when they are released, they then commit a further crime, well even then they still don't deserve punishment, instead they should be welcomed back into custody, preferably for an even shorter time than previously, so it costs even less than the first time. when released back onto the poor old UK public again, if they commit a further crime again, well - it's to be expected. the UK have a 'REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE system,' it's not that good at actually providing justice for the UK public, but it is cheap and that's what counts :slsad:

now place your mouse top right of this announcement, click on X

SPS interview process

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Charlie1
Rookie Member

SPS interview process

Post by Charlie1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:53 pm

I recieved a letter today asking me to attend a PRE INTERVIEW assessment day, next week, it mentions the psychometric test, and asks me to bring along my documents i.e passport etc! i have been researching the process online, but everything seems to suggest that next thursday will also be the formal interview and fitness test, however there is no mention of this in the letter i recieved. is anyone else in the same position or does anyone have any idea what next thusday will involve? I am actually flying home from my holiday early for this so would like to be as prepared as possible. many thanks for any answers given. :slbg:

mattc
Official Member
Official Member

Re: SPS interview process

Post by mattc » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:08 pm

if your application is with the sps, as far as i know you do it all in the one day including your fitness test. i started with them recently and thats how they done it with me. call the recruitment department to confirm if your worried about it. they are very helpfull.

Charlie1
Rookie Member

Post by Charlie1 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:58 pm

thanks for your reply! i applied through SERCO, for Kilmarnock prison which is obviously SPS.. i will phone them first thing Monday morning. SM

mattc
Official Member
Official Member

Post by mattc » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:11 pm

kilmarnock isnt part of the sps its a private jail.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic