thought for the day
we must get away from this notion that criminals need to be punished. why should they be punished? :slno: this is an outmoded method of dealing with a person who committed a crime. they should be held in custody, preferably for a short a time as possible, so it doesn't cost too much and if when they are released, they then commit a further crime, well even then they still don't deserve punishment, instead they should be welcomed back into custody, preferably for an even shorter time than previously, so it costs even less than the first time. when released back onto the poor old UK public again, if they commit a further crime again, well - it's to be expected. the UK have a 'REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE system,' it's not that good at actually providing justice for the UK public, but it is cheap and that's what counts :slsad:

now place your mouse top right of this announcement, click on X

My time line

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
yas786
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: My time line

Post by yas786 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:11 am

Unfortunately there is no way could take weeks or months to get allocated a prison.ITs a nightmare I hope it's not to long for you I'd apply for more prisons near you to increase your chances

Thinkdeep
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Thinkdeep » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Bjdymond you said your Poelt will be on 05th June. Is it Stirling House mate?

Nibz
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Nibz » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Celle1977 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 pm
19th Feb - RAD
20th Feb - RAD passed
10th March - Conditional offer

I completed all the details for the pre employment/vetting checks last night.

Can anyone tell me - how long does it take for this to be completed? And at what point is my employer going to be contacted for a reference? I haven't yet told my boss as they won't be too happy so wasn't going to tell them until I needed to
Was your RAD AM or PM? :slzi:

Celle1977
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Celle1977 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:47 pm

RAD was 1130-1530 @ Newbold

Nibz
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Nibz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Ah I see, you were the slot just after me. We probably walked past each other!

yas786
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by yas786 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi my reference has been contacted sent back

Counter sig sent back

What's next I am applying for a cat c prison do I need a crb dbs ?

Conditional offer given as long as references are OK

What stage am I still?

Thank you

Andy888
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Andy888 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:50 pm

Well bugger me, things are moving very fast now:

Booked RAD late Feb
27th March, RAD afternoon session.
29th March, morning RAD results received, passed.
30th March, morning received OH Assist (medical questionnaire) email.
30th March, late evening just noticed a received email from SS with conditional offer of employment.

Things don't normally happen that quick do they?, was expecting to wait months or certainly many weeks before anything progressed to anything like that offer stage?. Conditional offer is even at chosen prison (yes, only 10 mins on the bus or train) and is now only subject to pre employment checks. So fingers crossed as 1 last stage before POELT place hopefully.

timeforchange
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by timeforchange » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:59 am

I had my RAD saturday. Not received any results yet. Got the OH assist form on Tuesday and received a condition offer yesterday (to my first choice) which I've accepted. Will finish uploading docs this morning then hopefully vetting will start. Still a little confused at where my RAD results are though? :slwott:

Nibz
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Nibz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:59 am

RAD 19th February
E-mail with results 20th February
Conditional offer 10th March
'The Call' 20th March
POELT 17th April

Extremely quick from start to finish, just glad i'm starting now! :slhe:

Celle1977
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Celle1977 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:46 pm

Celle1977 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 pm
19th Feb - RAD
20th Feb - RAD passed
10th March - Conditional offer
I've called SS to chase up on Friday and was told theyre waiting on a reference - from a company that has now gone into administration and no longer exists. I've offered another reference but I was told that the team will give it so long to receive a response (which they won't) and make the decision to either progress without or to contact me for another ref.
How long would they give it before realising that a reference isn't coming back?

laticsash92
Official Member
Official Member

Post by laticsash92 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Applied in feb
Had interview end of feb for OSG role,
Passed that and found out in march,
Received email of SS, last friday with the form, filled in and sent off. Assuming this is pre employment checks/start of vetting and getting the counter sig?

Got told ill hear back within 2 weeks but we shall see. Had more than enough problems with the police during vetting.
Also will be doing CTC checks with me applying for a Cat A. Assuming this will be after the first lot of checks.

Just some wonder but logged back onto the SS application, sent off the scans of my ID etc.
It says all is complete but at the very top it says ' first incomplete' . Anyone know what that means or does that just mean its not complete in being checked by them? As i click on it, doesnt let me do anything and when i press prev, it just takes me to a pre filled thing that they filled in saying what ill be checked on, eg Enhanced and CTC

timeforchange
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by timeforchange » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:02 am

Update *****

Spoke to shared services yesterday who said vetting is nearly done, they are waiting for my personal reference (which went back last Friday by email, he did say it can take 5 days to update the system) and my police check which he couldn't tell me how long it would take, fingers crossed not too much longer.

Celle1977
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Celle1977 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:16 am

What is the police check for exactly?
I have sent my DBS form in - which would obviously detail criminal history if any.
My references are now back and I've just been told that my file is awaiting PNC check which I'm not concerned about but unsure what this would give outside of a DBS

timeforchange
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by timeforchange » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:55 am

Turns out the guy at shared services was talking rubbish, he told me I didn't need a DBS just a police check (didn't know what this was either). The lady I spoke to today assured me that I do, I thought I did tbh. So have to get this sorted now :slaN:
Don't know how you can talk to two different people who work at the same place and get such conflicting information!

laticsash92
Official Member
Official Member

Post by laticsash92 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Celle1977 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:16 am
What is the police check for exactly?
I have sent my DBS form in - which would obviously detail criminal history if any.
My references are now back and I've just been told that my file is awaiting PNC check which I'm not concerned about but unsure what this would give outside of a DBS

There is not exactly a difference, for a company too access your information on the PNC, a DBS ( CRB), check has to be done. There is 3 levels of a DBS check, for us who are applying for a position in the prison its going to be an enhanced level, or enhanced with list checks.
The standard check which we get in most jobs just checks for spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings.
The 2nd level ( enhanced ) checks for the same above but also then does checks against your local police for the role you apply for. If youve lived in diferent areas as well then this can take a while as they check against each police force area that you have lived in, eg for me its thames valley and avon & somerset
The next level, the last. Applies with all above but then checks to see if you are on any barred list eg if you are working with kids this goes to check if you are on a list that refuses you to work with kids.

All standard really, nothing worry about :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic