thought for the day
we must get away from this notion that criminals need to be punished. why should they be punished? :slno: this is an outmoded method of dealing with a person who committed a crime. they should be held in custody, preferably for a short a time as possible, so it doesn't cost too much and if when they are released, they then commit a further crime, well even then they still don't deserve punishment, instead they should be welcomed back into custody, preferably for an even shorter time than previously, so it costs even less than the first time. when released back onto the poor old UK public again, if they commit a further crime again, well - it's to be expected. the UK have a 'REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE system,' it's not that good at actually providing justice for the UK public, but it is cheap and that's what counts :slsad:

now place your mouse top right of this announcement, click on X

Vetting frustration kicking in!

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Rolo1981
Registered Member
Registered Member

Vetting frustration kicking in!

Post by Rolo1981 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:16 am

Hi again all,

So vetting has been going just over 4 weeks (so not long) told two weeks ago it was with the final decisions team as all info was in, but man is this feeling like 4 months!
The not knowing/lack of information on progress is a killer, as I said in an earlier post the other day all it needs is a simple progress bar to show what stage it is at, all information received, police checks done etc.... :slty: SS would get a right rest from phone calls then.

I'm self employed and the problem I have got at the moment is customers asking to book jobs in later this year September, October time.... aggghhhh.
I'm having to say maybe to long established customers, as I obviously cannot guarantee I will be available, luckily the majority understand. But others need a solid answer and are now going elsewhere.

If at the end of the vetting I fail (Can't see why I would) I will have damaged some solid business relationships.

This process sucks! (But I totally understand why it needs to be done)

I then sit back and think.... At least I'm not employed! It must be a nightmare for you guys and gals that are sat at work and your boss knows you want/thinking of leaving?, then come the questions, when are you going?, how much longer? oh its fell through.... well go clean the toilet..... :slbli:

So all my moaning aside at least I'm still the boss! for now....
RAD 08/03/17, RAD Result & OH 09/03/17, conditional offer 16/03/17, vetting forms sent 16/03/17
waiting................

Andy888
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Vetting frustration kicking in!

Post by Andy888 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:39 am

Im not self employed myself, but like you have turned down loads of work for the summer with my employer that I've been offered as I simply don't know what my availability is going to be by then, end May all through to September. And I don't want to commit to any long term work contracts, potentially denying people who can commit unless I know 100% I will be available for that work!.

Swings and roundabouts I guess, as on the other hand I do have the advantage because of how my company works of only having to give no more than 48 hours notice to cancel short term local jobs etc!. In other words, keep on short local jobs I only have to give 48 hours notice to quit my job all together without breaching notice policy.

timeforchange
Official Member
Official Member

Post by timeforchange » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:37 am

I feel exactly the same, my vetting only started on the 31st of march and it feels like a life time ago. Shared services told me off for ringing for an update this week, said they will contact me if they need me and I do understand that it's a slow process but just regular updates would be nice so I know where I stand. I've made a decision to not contact them again till the end of May. I was told again that no DBS is needed for the prison I've applied for which I know is a load of rubbish so I have to ask do I really what an update from shared services when they probably don't have a clue what they are talking about anyway. It's all very stressful!!

laticsash92
Official Member
Official Member

Post by laticsash92 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:46 am

timeforchange wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:37 am
I feel exactly the same, my vetting only started on the 31st of march and it feels like a life time ago. Shared services told me off for ringing for an update this week, said they will contact me if they need me and I do understand that it's a slow process but just regular updates would be nice so I know where I stand. I've made a decision to not contact them again till the end of May. I was told again that no DBS is needed for the prison I've applied for which I know is a load of rubbish so I have to ask do I really what an update from shared services when they probably don't have a clue what they are talking about anyway. It's all very stressful!!
It's hard. It's understanding both sides.
We have to understand they have loads of people to do and loads to look at. But vetting teams also have to understand we are not in the loop and people have jobs to sort out and this and that.

Police was hard for me when I done it there as it was 6 months wait. They could tell you not a thing, then get a letter saying I've failed anyway.

But I think there should be a information process to let people know. As for dbs I don't have a idea on that for mine. Looked on my vettng form as it tells you there what you are being vetted against and on dbs it just says ' not applicable '
But I'm having a basic enhanced check and a ctc

FlamingYeti
Official Member
Official Member

Post by FlamingYeti » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 am

No point in worrying about it, it wont get it done any quicker. Mines not done yet and I start next Monday, which is a bit concerning but I've given up stressing about it and just go with the flow.
The Internet never forgets. :slda:

timeforchange
Official Member
Official Member

Post by timeforchange » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 pm

FlamingYeti wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 am
No point in worrying about it, it wont get it done any quicker. Mines not done yet and I start next Monday, which is a bit concerning but I've given up stressing about it and just go with the flow.
So do you just show up next Monday??

TheCat
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by TheCat » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:05 pm

The best way to know if your vetting is finished is when you're notified that it is finished.

FlamingYeti
Official Member
Official Member

Post by FlamingYeti » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:42 pm

Yeah, guess so. I've got the name of the person who I need to report to on the day and a poelt start date for the following Monday so just gotta turn up and hope they're expecting me

SassySez
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by SassySez » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:29 am

So what happens if you start, vetting comes back and they find something they don't like?

Vetting protects everyone, staff, prisoners and the public.. You must have passed to get the start date otherwise that puts everyone at risk..

FlamingYeti
Official Member
Official Member

Post by FlamingYeti » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:02 am

If I for whatever reason I fail the vetting they terminate my contract, not that there should be a reason I'm already SC cleared for current job and also vetted by The Scouting association, it's not like I'll be doing anything unsupervised in the mean time anyway, I'll be doing my induction week then POELT for 10 weeks I'm sure they would of made the decision by then. I double checked with SS last mon and they said all they could tell me was that my vetting was progressing, which was nicely vague.

Rocky1967
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:42 pm

It is frustrating. Mine started on 31/3 and its been 2 weeks, but it seems forever. I was told that shared services don't have access to all information,
like how is your vetting going, etc. I think its all with the vetting team which is completely different department.

Mjaymz
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Mjaymz » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:27 pm

My rad results came last Thursday just before waster break but obviously nothing after I passed and I was just wondering what is next what am I to receive etc :slty:

Stobie93
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Archer'
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Post by Stobie93 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Congratulations on the passing of your RAD,
Now you start on what is known as the long wait for your vetting to start, then complete, then offer of employment, then waiting for your actual start date.
I believe in Per Sec (personal security)
It's a good belief and never disappointed.

Mjaymz
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Mjaymz » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:39 am

Thanks stobie I see the stupid autocorrect on my phone has struck again haha I ment Easter not waster 😂 Yeahhh sooo do I receive vetting forms or anything tomorrow? Just wondered thanks again

timeforchange
Official Member
Official Member

Post by timeforchange » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:39 pm

Mjaymz wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:39 am
Thanks stobie I see the stupid autocorrect on my phone has struck again haha I ment Easter not waster 😂 Yeahhh sooo do I receive vetting forms or anything tomorrow? Just wondered thanks again
You'll only receive vetting forms after your given a conditional offer, if you are merit listed then vetting won't start until there is a vacancy for you. Welcome to the waiting game, it's a very slow process!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic