Vetting frustration kicking in!

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
deepheat
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Vetting frustration kicking in!

Post by deepheat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi Guys received my conditional offer yesterday which I accepted and filled out the pre employment form. What is next it has only been one day and I'm already getting frustrated :slnuts: anybody else here who have applied West mids :D

laticsash92
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by laticsash92 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:03 pm

I still don't get how some receive a conditional offer before the pre employment forms are done and how some receive it after the pre emploment forms are done. I really don't, surely it should be same all over

timeforchange
Official Member
Official Member

Post by timeforchange » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Bez wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:29 pm
Hi Guys received my conditional offer yesterday which I accepted and filled out the pre employment form. What is next it has only been one day and I'm already getting frustrated :slnuts: anybody else here who have applied West mids :D
its all a waiting game now, its been 3 weeks Friday since my vetting started and shared services have still not managed to update their system to say my references have gone back (were all sent back 2 weeks ago). Just got to forget about vetting and wait for the call as frustrating as it is. Remember it can be 6 months before vetting is complete.

deepheat
Official Member
Official Member

Post by deepheat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Looks like trying to put it at the back of my mind then as this whole process might send me :slnuts: :)
Good luck to all of you and let's hope it doesn't take too long :sley:

timeforchange
Official Member
Official Member

Post by timeforchange » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Bez wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:13 pm
Looks like trying to put it at the back of my mind then as this whole process might send me :slnuts: :)
Good luck to all of you and let's hope it doesn't take too long :sley:
yeee it does drive you mad!! Congratulations on your offer and Good Luck to you too!

Rocky1967
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:40 pm

It can take up to 6 months ? I don't get this process , some get a conditional offer after 2 weeks.
Does anyone know how it exactly works :
You Pass your online test , pass your RAD, SS receives all info and they pass it to the vetting team.
I am booked for familiarization visit / interview at my 2nd choice establishment for tomorrow.
Would this speed up the process . Should i get prepare for an interview ? :sloo:

laticsash92
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by laticsash92 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:43 pm

Rocky1967 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:40 pm
It can take up to 6 months ? I don't get this process , some get a conditional offer after 2 weeks.
Does anyone know how it exactly works :
You Pass your online test , pass your RAD, SS receives all info and they pass it to the vetting team.
I am booked for familiarization visit / interview at my 2nd choice establishment for tomorrow.
Would this speed up the process . Should i get prepare for an interview ? :sloo:
Oh so it's not just me then. I am going for osg however I also don't understand this conditional offer business. I've seen some offered it even before the pre employment vetting.
Yet some have been offered it midway through vetting.
I sent my ore employment ones of weeks ago but I've not been given any conditional offer. But I know I've got the job as I wouldnt be doing vetting otherwise.
This is what I am confused

Mjaymz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mjaymz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:50 pm

They said I'd be receiving vetting forms in 5 days and if I don't ring vetting :slyay:

Rocky1967
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi laticsash92

I've started my application at December 2016, failed my first RAD by 1 point, got invited for a retake of 1 role play , got pass results week after and oki health form . Then NOTHING for 3 weeks. When i phoned SS was told that they don't have my RAD results and cannot find me on a system. Been given a number for priority recruitment . phoned them. was told that they just received my results from Newbolt Revel , they were waiting for my right to work confirmation ( very confusing as i have a British passport) . The nice lady at Priority recruitment has found my application and said all i have to do is wait for the call now. It's been 2 weeks because of the holidays . See what happens. Very frustrating as i told my bosses that i'm leaving , which i shouldn't , it's more pressure now. I think for everyone is different. I,m in London so they must have more applicants then anywhere else because of higher pay. I,m happy to take my 2 nd or 3rd choice establishment even if it means longer travel . I just want to start. :slst:

Rocky1967
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Mjaymz wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:50 pm
They said I'd be receiving vetting forms in 5 days and if I don't ring vetting :slyay:
Didn't you bring your vetting forms to RAD ?. I know i had to, has this changed now ?

timeforchange
Official Member
Official Member

Post by timeforchange » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:17 pm

I received my conditional offer before my RAD results

Rocky1967
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:49 pm

I guess it's different for everyone . I currently work for NHS so i get my DBS checked on a regular . But vetting is just contacting more agencies , etc,etc.

CalmingStorm
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by CalmingStorm » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Someone on my POELT course who had already passed vetting got pulled off the course on the 2nd day and had to return home straight away with no reason given by SS, they was told to wait for a letter. Had something to do with the approvals and compliance team
i think therefore i am, i'm pink therefore i'm spam

Rocky1967
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:41 pm

after vetting done , they got pulled out . that's a disappointment . :slst:

Mjaymz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mjaymz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:58 pm