• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Vetting frustration kicking in!

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Re: Vetting frustration kicking in!

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:08 pm

I mean if you passed all the clearance checks , obviously given your notice to your previous employer , started the job thinking its all great . then you get pulled out of POELT on your second day without any explanation it must be very disappointing. Unless the vetting wasn't finished ? Unless they got in trouble somewhere along the line between vetting being finished and starting the job? Do you know what was the reason ?
I hear a lot of conditional offers and they don't sound right.

Mjaymz
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Mjaymz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Noooo I didn't understand what you ment an yeah that's bad although I thought they didn't let you start till your cleared ????

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 pm

I mean don't get me wrong, i have no employment gaps , no criminal record , never been in trouble financially , but i am worrying about all these admin errors that i hear about. For example SS sending references to a wrong email address or to the wrong person. a month ago when i phoned SS they couldn't even find me on a system , then i got told later that they were waiting for my right to work . With a British Citizenship what right to work? Seems to me that the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing when it comes to SS. I had been working for NHS for past 13 years and it's really no different when it comes to information call centers .However the problem is the SS , Priority recruitment , Assessment Team,Vetting team , Allocation Team are all in different locations.

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Thats what I thought, but they do give you conditional offer in good faith which states clearly what will happen if you fail your vetting , most likely that if you hid something and it showed up. I don't think they will pull someone out of POELT because the references had been delayed or he /she had gotten a parking ticket in the meantime.

Mjaymz
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Mjaymz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Hmmmm it's a strange one but when they ask you on your oh medical form are you supposed to tell them about every scan and injury you've ever had I'm into a lot of contact sports and I've had scans that come back negative but just had to be safe I had the scans and checks seems I'd be there all day done contact sports and combat sports for a good 5 years? Surely not

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:51 pm

i had some pulled muscles , some minor back pains in the past because of a lot of sports activities , however these never effected my health , i never had been off work because of that , never had any surgeries performed , just took straight paracetamol and went back to the gym in a week . if you into contact sports it is normal to get these , however what they want to know if it ever effected your health . I,m into motorbikes as well , so i had few falls , some bruised ribs, some pains, but nothing major , didn't even go to the hospital . What they are looking for is medical acute conditions that can effect your work performance , being off sick for long periods of time , etc.

Mjaymz
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Mjaymz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:56 pm

😂😂😂 ohhhhh I see thanks for clearing that up pal! I was getting a little concerned if I missed something having to remember everything when you do those types of things 😂😂 it's never made me go off work tho 👌🏻👌🏻 so I guess your quite ahead on the vetting then I haven't started mine yet 😳🙈😂 long road ahead me thinks

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:05 pm

you should have nothing to worry about. Off course if you play sports and go to the gym or whatever you fancy to keep active you will get some pains , it's normal. Like i said they want to know if you're not hiding something that will effect your performance in the future. Back surgery, off work for long period of time, off work because of stress i think that s the worst one . I know a lot of people that been off sick from work due to stress , when they apply for a new job , they wonder why they don't get it.

Mjaymz
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Mjaymz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Yeah never been off with stress I went off for my last week before I competed in my bodybuilding competition because I had zero energy and was working in a warehouse at the time I don't do it anymore it was a one off and I believe in 2 years I've only had 10 days off

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:29 pm

i had 3 days off sick in last 2 years , probably 20 days in total for past 10 years .

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:37 pm

i,m just going to stop stressing about it, i don't like my current job , however it is a cushy job, maybe that's why i don't like it, since i,m not really a desk person . But all this stressing , waiting and calling SS it's getting to me. I think when it comes , then it will come . :slwh:

Mjaymz
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Mjaymz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:51 pm

Hmmmm very true I enjoy my job I do now atm but that is why I know that I will definitely like been a prison officer so I'm really excited and looking forward to my future career who knows might even be on your poelt ;) haha!

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:03 pm

wish you all the luck mate. I,m scheduled for familiarization day tomorrow at HMP Wandsworth which is my third choice establishment , but if they want me i,m more then happy to join asap. means little bit more travel for me but no biggie . If they can help speed up the process then it would be great . They actually have their own POELT centre there so if i can get on it i can go home every night , no need to worry about hotels and stuff.But like i said i'm going with the flow, phoning SS once or twice a week will not speed up the recruitment process. :slin:

Mjaymz
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Mjaymz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:12 am

Cheers bud wish you all the best for your future too! See you on the other side :slyay:

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Went for my familiarisation day at my 2nd choice establishment . This was a very good experience . I got the recruiting officer number and email and he also took my details as he was surprised that I had passed my RAD and haven't heard anything.I phoned SS today and they had found my original application made in December 2016. As the SS explained they have a new system and old system. But it shows that I'm passed on RAD . However vetting did not start for me as my first choice establishment has not asked for anyone . I was not put on a merit list either . I had applied for 4 establishments after that , so hopefully one of them will appreciate my services . At the moment I,m just there with RAD passed , Not on merit list, vetting did not start , awaiting to be allocated when they match me with a vacancy. Maybe my first choice establishment did not want full time worker ? I don't know , but it is a long process.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic