Vetting frustration kicking in!

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Rocky1967
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Vetting frustration kicking in!

Post by Rocky1967 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:31 pm

AT least I,m at peace , knowing that SS knows I do exist and I,m ready to work . Hopefully see you on the other side soon . All the best

Mjaymz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mjaymz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Ahhhh so your waiting allocation aswell I see the problem nothing is ever fast these days ah well in the hands of the gods now pal 😜

timeforchange
Official Member
Official Member

Post by timeforchange » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Spoke to shared services who say all they are waiting for is my countersignstory! I've spoke to my friend who has sent it by email three times now, 9th April, 11th April and again today, what is going on at all! She's going to post it tonight too! This process is driving me mad!!!

Mjaymz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mjaymz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Well i passed my rad and haven't received any vetting forms or anything only thing I've done so far is rad and oh assist? I wonder when I'll be told if I have been put on merit list or given a conditional offer as I haven't a clue at the moment all I know is I passed rad :sley: :slyay:

timeforchange
Official Member
Official Member

Post by timeforchange » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:59 pm

I got my conditional offer before my RAD results, it's all different, each case is different from the next. So frustrating

Rocky1967
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 pm

I went for familiarisation visit to a Prison of my second choice , little bit further up , but I will take it if it comes. I spoken to the recruitment officer , gave him my details , told him I passed RAD and even gave him copy of my results. He said he'll be in touch. From what I know my original establishment which I applied in December is still advertising, however SS has told me that they did not asked for anyone . I presume since they raised up the money in London area they have lots of candidates, there's new POELT centres. You have to do a familiarisation visit first , doesn't matter of how many establishments you're applying for. For each one you have to do all , except ONLY ONE RAD . Thank God for that. But unless the establishment calls SS and says please send me 2 or 6 candidates nothing happens. If you keep on waiting you'll be put on a merit list. At least that's what I've been told. I got my results from RAD on 7/3/2017 so it's coming close to 2 months now. But I had realised what is happening therefor I had applied for 3 more establishments in the meantime. So I'm just hoping something will come up soon. Keep in mind that just because people pass their RAD and POELT doesn't mean they will stay with the job. Once you're on the job it's a whole different ball game. It's a good job but not for everyone , therefor they keep people on a merit list as a quick replacement . :slbg:

Mjaymz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mjaymz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:10 pm

So your saying if I wanted to apply for another jail I have to reapply 😳 Just don't have to do rad? Hmmmm all seems very odd if you ask me 😂😂 well I'll sit tight and leave it to the powers that be 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Rocky1967
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:21 pm

you can apply for as many establishments you like, for each one you need to do the online tests , go to an interview/familiarization day. You only need to do one RAD . When they sand you an invitation to do the RAD all you need to do is phone SS, give them your details like applicant number, name,DOB,etc, and ask them to merge your RAD results with other applications. If I,m successful with a placement and vetting I,m looking no earlier then June and that's six months from when i first applied. It is a long process. Keep in mind that there are a lot more of applicants now then there were before.

Mjaymz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mjaymz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:11 am

When you say familiarisation day...... obviously I know what that entails but I haven't even done one of them yet only a rad and oh assist form

Rocky1967
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:26 pm

i applied in December 2016 , at that time it wasn't required. Now on the new MOJ system you need to book an interview / familiarization day before you book your RAD . I was told at the establishment that the reason behind it is that applicants go thru all the tests, RAD , get a start date , go to their establishment and decide it's not for them. Saves everyone time. There's no official interview, however you get to meet officers on the job, supervisors , ask questions, have a good look around ,etc.

timeforchange
Official Member
Official Member

Post by timeforchange » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Rocky1967 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:26 pm
i applied in December 2016 , at that time it wasn't required. Now on the new MOJ system you need to book an interview / familiarization day before you book your RAD . I was told at the establishment that the reason behind it is that applicants go thru all the tests, RAD , get a start date , go to their establishment and decide it's not for them. Saves everyone time. There's no official interview, however you get to meet officers on the job, supervisors , ask questions, have a good look around ,etc.
I haven't had a familiarisation day, haven't even been offered one, wasn't asked to book one before RAD either but I've received a conditional offer. Weird

Rocky1967
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:06 pm

when did you apply ? it's all different for everyone . I even heard of candidates starting Poelt before vetting was finished . I think it also depends on a establishment, how quick they need the officers. I applied for London establishments . I had my RAD on 3/3/2017 and when i phoned SS 3 weeks later they couldn't find me on a system. Now it's all sorted . When i phoned last Friday I was told that i have an application for one establishment on the old system with RAD scores and 3 more applications on a new system . I was told that this is now been merged together with my RAD results showing on all applications. Now i just have to wait for the call with conditional offer . I,m looking at June , July the earliest I think to start . I stopped stressing it as it just makes it worse. When it comes it comes .

laticsash92
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by laticsash92 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Im confused all over.
The steria website i of course filled out my pre-employment details etc but has anyone else also been sent a link from SS to fill out on there page which was the same form! Not sure why i had to do it on both

Rocky1967
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:52 pm

best thing is ring them and ask , if you've done it already then chances are you don't have to do it again but they send you the link automatically anyway.

timeforchange
Official Member
Official Member

Post by timeforchange » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:46 pm

I applied in Feb and did RAD 25th march, conditional offer 30th march, vetting started 31st

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic