• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Uniform order

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Andrewtoyota
Official Member
Official Member

Uniform order

Post by Andrewtoyota » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi there, I have filled in my contract etc and it's been sent off but I'm still waiting for my uniform order sheet how long does this take to arrive i start in 4 weeks? Any advice would be appreciated

Andy888
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Uniform order

Post by Andy888 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:35 am

The uniform order form will likely come with the paper version of your contract that tends to come in the post a few days later. But I also had an uniform order form emailed to me from my establishment POELT mentor to. If you don't get the paper contract copy in the post tomorrow, call your establishment, they should be able to email it to you.

OldhamChris
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by OldhamChris » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:05 pm

When do you pick up your uniform?

Andy888
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy888 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:11 am

That's slightly unclear, you'd assume if your supposed to be in uniform from day 1 of induction week that they would call you to collect it at some point upto the week before. But others have said you don't get it until you start the induction week, and even then you often don't get half of it!. In which case you'd likely turn up in smart casual on the first day of induction week or try to get as near to the prison uniform gear yourself just for now until they do issue you with uniform!.

Also it's been said that your uniform gets issued from your establishments uniform stores, yet the emailed information I've had from my establishment POELT mentor suggests or more indicates it gets ordered in!. So maybe it's establishment specific on how uniform gets issued?. If you don't hear anything before the last week before starting induction just give your establishment a call.

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:12 am

The uniform order form gets send to your establishment . However like Andy888 pointed out , if you're lucky you will receive it in the first week of your induction. Myself and few others bought few white shirts and black trousers to get as close to the issued uniform as we can get.

Andrewtoyota
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Andrewtoyota » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:27 am

Just been shopping I have also bought items as close as I can get to the uniform, did anyone buy a black fleece or coat?

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:18 am

I wouldn't go that far. These will be provided for you by the establishment before cold weather hits . Don't waste your money

SgtBush
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SgtBush » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:33 am

I didn't receive my full kit issue when I started.
Only one shirt in my size.
I got my 2 pants, fleece, jumper, epaulettes boots but only one shirt.....
So I bought 3 pilot shirts ( look the same) and was refunded the cost thru expenses.
Just make sure you get authorization to do so from your number 1 or 2.

Within 4 weeks I was issued full compliment of kit.

YNWA
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by YNWA » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:41 am

Was sent to you at your poelt?
👌👌JTF96👌👌

SgtBush
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SgtBush » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:10 am

I picked it up from my establishment.
Always make friends with your stores manager...
You will need to pull favours once in a while!

deepheat
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by deepheat » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:17 pm

I emailed my establishment earlier today who have confirmed all my uniform is waiting for me for when I start induction week fingers crossed it is left well alone :slzi:

Andy888
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy888 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Deepheat, I guess the issue being if we don't start for 4 weeks yet whilst your stablishment says it's all there now, unless a sealed package then nothing to really prevent anyone else requesting uniform parts they need now and have it took from your allocated uniform package if that's the only size in stock!.

Have a similar concern myself, so might ask my establishment that if and when mine is ready if I can collect it early, if only to test it all for size as much as to ensure bits don't go missing 😀

deepheat
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by deepheat » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:28 pm

That was my only worry Andy but when I went to my familiarisation visit my regional mentor did say that uniform wasn't a big issue at my establishment as they are very good at keeping stocks in so fingers crossed should be fine. It's not a biggie anyway as I've got a pilot shirt trousers and clip on tie ready if all else fails 8)

SgtBush
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SgtBush » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Mine was boxed up with my name on it.
Now I dont know if my stores manager boxed it up from new stock delivered or it came boxed up

OldhamChris
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by OldhamChris » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:57 am

What did you wear on your first day? I dont want to be going out buying kit when i will be issued it on the first day!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic