• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

expenses?

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
rlm123
Banned Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:17 am

expenses?

Post by rlm123 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:54 am

Hello,

I had my Rad 4 weeks ago, I was given a claims form to claim my fuel expenses.. Its not a major amount but after 4 weeks i still haven't received this.

Whats the normal wait? As when i do my poelt course and claim back expenses i will prepare myself for a long wait..??
Applied: 15/7 Passed Online: 17/7 Familiarization:03/08 Rad: 04/08 Rad results pass: 07/08 OH Assist: 09/08 Vetting submitted: 10/08
CTC VETTING SUBMITTED: 12/09
Steria change: 29/9waiting for higher checks to be completed

Redruth1234
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:59 pm

Re: expenses?

Post by Redruth1234 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:08 am

Anytime within the next two weeks, mine took six weeks. They will send you an e mail first, then pay it in 3 days later.

hmmmreally
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:47 pm
Class: 'Paladin'
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Re: expenses?

Post by hmmmreally » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:56 pm

without revealing to much you will be part of the payroll when u do training 4-6 days

User avatar
CalmingStorm
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:45 am

Re: expenses?

Post by CalmingStorm » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:29 pm

Under 500 and it's normally approved straight away and takes 3-5 days. Over 500 up to 2 weeks I found
i think therefore i am, i'm pink therefore i'm spam

User avatar
Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member
Posts: 783
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:45 pm
Location: Greater London

Re: expenses?

Post by Rocky1967 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:46 pm

my first expenses only took 3 days . all my following expenses and they all under 200 takes about 7 days .

rlm123
Banned Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:17 am

Re: expenses?

Post by rlm123 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:30 am

Well mine was only for £30-40.. fuel expenses to and from my Rad day to home address.

Never mind... Not going to worry about it...

But was wondering if on my poelt would i be waiting this long for expenses... but from the comments above, its looks like i wont be waiting.
Applied: 15/7 Passed Online: 17/7 Familiarization:03/08 Rad: 04/08 Rad results pass: 07/08 OH Assist: 09/08 Vetting submitted: 10/08
CTC VETTING SUBMITTED: 12/09
Steria change: 29/9waiting for higher checks to be completed

User avatar
SWM5436
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:09 am
Mood:

Re: expenses?

Post by SWM5436 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:14 am

As your not part of the service it takes longer to pay expenses, once you’re in then it will just be a case of authorising a BACS payment and should be with you within 3 to 5 days.
Fam visit then POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD passed - 15 July :slcup:
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July :sloo:
OH Assist - 28 Sept
Awaiting scrutinisation by OH Assist - 19 Oct

User avatar
Saxon79
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:23 am

Re: expenses?

Post by Saxon79 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:42 am

I'm travelling in daily for my POELT, what is the rate for fuel expenses?
Applied 27/5/2017
RAD 23/6/2017
Rad Results 27/6/2017
Merit Listed 28/6/2017
Conditional Offer 1/7/2017
Vetting 1/7/2017

Passed Vetting 4/8/2017 :slyay:
Start 2/10/2017 :slyay: :slyay: :slyay:
POELT 9/10/2017 :D

User avatar
CalmingStorm
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:45 am

Re: expenses?

Post by CalmingStorm » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:22 am

When I was at college my establishment only allowed us to claim 26p a mile were as others allowed them to claim the 45p rate. Ask on your induction week
i think therefore i am, i'm pink therefore i'm spam

mpeng82
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: expenses?

Post by mpeng82 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:14 pm

just wondering.......

why would you get fuel paid for doing to a rad, surely this would be just like any type of interview elewhere, that being you choose to apply for the role you pay.

i had my RAD on Sunday with no mention of paying for my fuel

User avatar
Fab05
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:16 am

Re: expenses?

Post by Fab05 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Not sure why they pay but you are able to claim.

We got told eitger fuel if you drove or they will cover tge cost of puplic transport.

Got mine after about 3 weeks.

mpeng82
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: expenses?

Post by mpeng82 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:22 am

Fab05 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:43 pm
Not sure why they pay but you are able to claim.

We got told eitger fuel if you drove or they will cover tge cost of puplic transport.

Got mine after about 3 weeks.
how do you claim thwn as i have no information given on this

User avatar
npatchett2000
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Re: expenses?

Post by npatchett2000 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:50 am

mpeng82 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:22 am
Fab05 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:43 pm
Not sure why they pay but you are able to claim.

We got told eitger fuel if you drove or they will cover tge cost of puplic transport.

Got mine after about 3 weeks.
how do you claim thwn as i have no information given on this
Where u do your rad as they should have explained it all and given u a firm to gill out and return. I would give the rad centre a call and ask for a expences form to be posted out to you

HTH

Patch

mpeng82
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: expenses?

Post by mpeng82 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:49 am

npatchett2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:50 am
mpeng82 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:22 am
Fab05 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:43 pm
Not sure why they pay but you are able to claim.

We got told eitger fuel if you drove or they will cover tge cost of puplic transport.

Got mine after about 3 weeks.
how do you claim thwn as i have no information given on this
Where u do your rad as they should have explained it all and given u a firm to gill out and return. I would give the rad centre a call and ask for a expences form to be posted out to you

HTH

Patch
Not just me who cant type and spell lol.

im back there on 25th to complete fitness test as nurse was not availble when i attended previously so i will ask then :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic