• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

OSG Training activities

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
mrmacca
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

OSG Training activities

Post by mrmacca » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:35 am

Good morning.

I have been looking about the forum and i was wondering what the activities are in the two week OSG training.

Now looking at previous posts i see that you have a week shadowing as well as a few people saying its about searching and nothing to do with restraint and no physical tests.

So the things i would like to know is it Pass or Fail Training? Maths and English tests you need to pass? Anything that i need to be aware of before hand or anything i can prepare for?

Thanks Guys :slre:
Eyup :slby: Just the average guy getting on with it.

Applied 15/8 :slbg: - Interview 22/9 :slbg: - Job offer 4/10 :slcup: - Vetting Started 4/10 :slre: OH Submited 10/11 :slsm:

rmurzz
Official Member
Official Member

Re: OSG Training activities

Post by rmurzz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:45 am

Hello mate,

Not sure if you know,there is a dedicated OSG section on this forum. If you go on there or type on the search function there is a load of good Infomation on your question and much more .

:slre:

mrmacca
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

Post by mrmacca » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Yeah iv had a good look on the section and nothing seems to come up what im looking for. Just really curious to what the training entails.

Cheers :slre:

Applied 15/8 :slbg: - Interview 22/9 :slbg: - Job offer 4/10 :slcup: - Vetting Started 4/10 :slre: OH Submited 10/11 :slsm:

laticsash92
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Post by laticsash92 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm

You wont go on the two weeks course for months if not years into your job anyway so i wouldnt even worry, i joined in july and my course is not booked untill next march, by then youd of learnt everything and anything.
You still do small training at work anyway eg the firehood training for nights as well as apart of physical restraint. Other than that most of it you learn as you work

mrmacca
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

Post by mrmacca » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:19 pm

laticsash92 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm
You wont go on the two weeks course for months if not years into your job anyway so i wouldnt even worry, i joined in july and my course is not booked untill next march, by then youd of learnt everything and anything.
You still do small training at work anyway eg the firehood training for nights as well as apart of physical restraint. Other than that most of it you learn as you work
Thank you so much :slbg:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic