• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
five years ago Benchmarking came in which said prisons could run with a lot less staff, VEDS was born and thousands of highly experienced prison officers were paid off handsomely to leave early.
This gave HMP the prisons with a lot less staff that they wanted and since then? Well since then we have RECORD NUMBERS of brand new prison officers with 0 experience whatever. Far better than the hugely experienced prison officers who were paid handsomely to leave.
Join falkor, manc-apollo and npatchet2000, Twisties and Moredread for the BIG DISCUSSION on all this and more, 2000hrs Wednesday night

mChat Wednesday night 2000 :slhehe:

Black coffee :mug: provided free

Steria Updates

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
mpeng82
Official Member
Official Member

Steria Updates

Post by mpeng82 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Evening All,

I know there are two types of Steria from reading previous posts but i was wondering am i missing something with mine?

I login everyday to see if there has been any changes but so far nothing and i am not surprised reading how long some people have waited. So far since i started vetting my account has only ever stated Application Update under STATUS and Review under ACTION.

I have been in Vetting since 20th October and had an OH Assist call on the 6th December who cleared me to continue in vetting - i understand OH can take a few weeks to be updated :(

So where do i see my progress through vetting, i have spoke with one of my previous employers who has not been approached and neither has my counter signatory :(

Thanks for your thoughts in advance

Kangaroo
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Steria Updates

Post by Kangaroo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:02 pm

Whaaaaat! I didn't know there were two types. Mine always just says pre employment checks.

NorfolkKarl
Official Member
Official Member

Post by NorfolkKarl » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Neither my employer or counter signature were contacted and I passed vetting.

So don't worry if they haven't been contacted, they may not have to be.

If you've now passed your OH then it shouldn't be much longer. Don't give up hope, there is light at the end of this tunnel! :slbg:
Applied 16/09/17
RAD passed 15/10/17
Conditional offer accepted 16/10/17

Vetting Train :slty:

Got "The Call" 27/11/17
Training starts 26/02/18

mpeng82
Official Member
Official Member

Post by mpeng82 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:33 pm

long time from initial application on 5th September but i know that many have waited longer.

just wish when i logged on it said something other than what i mentioned initially at least i would then know something is actually happening lol

Kangaroo
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kangaroo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:35 pm

I did my RAD in March.

NorfolkKarl
Official Member
Official Member

Post by NorfolkKarl » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:08 pm

I started my application in August, passed vetting and got my start date at the end of November.

There are people on here who have waited alot longer so just sit tight. Fingers crossed for you that you hear something soon though. 😁
Applied 16/09/17
RAD passed 15/10/17
Conditional offer accepted 16/10/17

Vetting Train :slty:

Got "The Call" 27/11/17
Training starts 26/02/18

mpeng82
Official Member
Official Member

Post by mpeng82 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:13 pm

I decided this morning to give the vetting team a call. From previous posts i know they can't tell me much and this was echoed by the IVR, but i thought i would still try.

To remind you all on my journey so far......

5th September 2017 - Applied online and received the link to complete Situational Judgement Test
7th September 2017 - Invite to RAD & booked same day
10th September 2017 - Took RAD - Nurse not available to complete physical
this followed by another occasion when the nurse wasn't available
12th September 2017 - RAD Results (PASS)
25th September 2017 - Took Physical and passed
11th October 2017 - After chasing several times finally got my complete RAD results (PASS)
18th October 2017 - SS received my RAD results and Conditional Offer sent, accepted, and completed on-boarding process all on same day
24th November 2017 - Random text stating that i would have a call with OH Assist on 6th December - no email recieved
6th December 2017 - OH Assist call, after 5minutes informed passed and would close case

Since application my Steria account has only ever said Application Update under STATUS & Review under ACTION.

So back to this morning ;) Vetting Team where great, so helpful as i expected the "nothing we can tell you, and will be notified if we need more information" but no what i actually got was..........

After completing security i apologised to call and was wondering if they could inform where i was upto in vetting as my account has not changed since application

(SS) Unfortunatley we can't give a specific update in terms of vetting but i can have a look to ensure it is continuing as normal.
(ME) That would be great, thank you
(SS) ok, it is still ongoing, having a look, forms submitted on 20th October, vetting didn't start officially until 24th October, when they confirmed they had all your information.
Therefore you are still early into the process
(ME) Thats brillant, so everything is as it should be?
(SS) Yes, so what will happen now with the vetting team, if there is anything else they require or they need to go out for references and haven't be able to get hold of them or anything like that then they will contact you directly
(ME) i know it will be different for each individual but is there an average timescale of completion
(SS) I'll be honest there is not an average time as we rely on a number of third party information so what they do when they start the pre employment checks they go out to HMRC check. If HMRC confirm exactly dates that you provided then we don't need to go for employment references.
(ME) oh, ok
(SS) So if any dates are inconclusive they would need to get employment references, again we need to wait for the health to come back into us who will create a final report, send it into us and we update it from there.
(ME) Hopefully that should be with you soon as i had that only a week ago
(SS) That may have come in already but there are still some other things pending, which is why it is still in progress, so they should be in touch with you shortly
(ME) Are you able to see what has been done as i know employment and counter references has not be asked for as yet?
(SS) We can see the vetting but are not allowed to go into the record to see exactly what is outstanding, looking at an overview it looks like we have a lot of the information back, erm once vetting get it, they then send for a final decision so hopefully not too much longer.

I called OH Assist after this who confirmed that the report was sent and subsequently closed on Friday 8th December.

I hope others may find this information useful.

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:37 pm

There aren't 2 different sterias in so much as you have the older version which those prior to Sept 17 would have had and the updated version which those after 1st Sept should have had.

There are subtle differences but nothing major, mainly the vetting messages that appear.

Under the new version to see your status, login and press the 3 lines, go down to the your applications then review status, it should then give you your vetting message.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

mpeng82
Official Member
Official Member

Post by mpeng82 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 pm

indeed i look here too and same message since the day i submitted my application......... your currenty going through pre employement checks.......... arghhhhhh lol

Thanks for the clarification SWM

Kangaroo
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kangaroo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:19 pm

They should change it to....Your application is currently going through pre-employment checks, shut up, sit tight. Don't call us we will call you :slnuts:

Chill123
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Chill123 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi, everyone

I've just had my Oh assist phone call is that a good thing? I don't know what stage vetting I'm in bit its been 10 weeks can anyone give me an idea of what there's was like stage wise

Thanks
RAD - 12/09
Passed Rad 13/09
OH Assist form - 13/09
Offer - 17/09
Vetting - 23/09
OH Assist call - 11/12

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:23 pm

The only information anyone can give you for sure is that OH assist will now close your file and it will be uploaded for the person who sent it to them to see, other than that no one knows where you are in the vetting process.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic