high profile stories and issues for Prison Officers

Moderator: Chryo

Eksteen1
Registered Member
Registered Member

Vetting when on a visa

Post by Eksteen1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi,

Has anyone here had to go though the vetting process whilst being on some sort of visa?

Just wondering how it affects the vetting process? I am currently on a spousal visa,and although I am fully entitled to work, I was wondering if it affects anything. I was also told that when you are on a visa they do a check, "right to work" which is done by an external agency.

Who knows how long that would take.

Cheers

SgtBush
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Re: Vetting when on a visa

Post by SgtBush » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:02 am

I'm pretty much sure you need indefinite leave of stay rather than a spousal visa. I know you have the right to work, but what would happen if you got divorced?
Would your visa have a time limit to leave the country or could you stay indefinitely?
Zulu's at dawn is for prison officers only. Pm me for verification process

9851colle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by 9851colle » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Some people are short sighted and don't know the immigration rules. You are on a Spouse visa which currently is valid for 5 years. You are entitled to work in the UK just like anyone else.

It's illegal for any employer, who ever it maybe, not to offer you a position due to you been on a spouse visa. You may fall foul during vetting especially if you require National Security Vetting as not having enough time in the UK.
NEC ASPERA TERRANT

Eksteen1
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Eksteen1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi,

At some point during vetting process I was requested by vetting to obtain a police clearance certificate from my home country. Which obviously had to do with national security and my time in the UK. As I knew before it would be requested,I obtained that clearance before even asked,so had it on hand already and sent it through.

I am also assuming this might be the last check that they are waiting in,as I also know all my references have been returned. And surely would have asked different there was anything else needed from me. Well I hope so anyway, wish I can just be done with vetting already.

But this matter also being done by an external agency, I believe that will delay the process.

I was hoping to start on training 11 Sepemberton at my chosen establishment, as they hold POELT there,so would just make sense to attend it there anyway,but not sure I will make it in time

In-nock

Post by In-nock » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi Eksteen1,
Just wonder if you have heard anything from vetting team. I am on spouse visa too, waiting for checks, sent police sertificate from my country. Still not sure I will get the job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic