• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
:x-) Merry Christmas from your Moderation TEAM :rein:
KIRK

Eat drink and be merry. I hope your households are full of festive cheer :x-)

falkor
May your chimneys be blessed with the arrival of a very snowy Father christmas and several reindeer! remember! leave some mince pies out for him (and a carrot for the Reindeer!) :rein:
manc-apollo
Bah Humbug!! :x-)
Karen47
"Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't Before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas.........perhaps........means a little bit more!"
The Grinch talks sense. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year all xxx :rein:
click the X top right of this Announcement panel :x-)

compassionate transfer

high profile stories and issues for Prison Officers

Moderator: Chryo

horsed74

compassionate transfer

Post by horsed74 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi all just a quick question i have been granted a transfer on compasionate grounds its been 3 months since i got the e-mail has anyone got a clue if there is a set time i need to be released to my new establishment or is it as and when

sharpe
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: compasionate transfer

Post by sharpe » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:10 pm

im not sure but surely you can ask who ever granted the transfer and they will let you know

Madra Rhu
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by Madra Rhu » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:32 pm

It used to be a Governor could hold onto a member of staff transferring out, for a period of up to 6 months in order to find a replacement. Don't know if that still applies as it seems achieving a transfer except on promotion is rarer than finding a pile of rocking horse doo doo.
Always remember; the law and justice; never the twain shall meet. They are seperate and have nothing in common with each other. Bit like being married!!

Regards

Madra Rhu

Carbon
Elite Member
Elite Member
Examiner: XIII

Post by Carbon » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:17 am

I thought it was sixteen weeks but I stand to be corrected. That was the amount of time I was held back.

Ixashe
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Ixashe » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 am

I don't know the exact rules on how long this can he held up for, but I would think the best way to get it moving would be to go and have a chat with your HRBP. Be open and frank about how the delay is effecting you and the negative consequences that it is having, they must acknowledge this or the compassionate transfer would not have been granted. Don't go in guns blazing or threatening union involvement, just show how grateful you that the prison service is helping you by giving a compassionate transfer but would it be possible to have an idea of what time scale might be involved.

Plod

Post by Plod » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:29 am

It depends as often a Governor will agree to a Compassionate as and when he has a vacancy, problem is that because he must cut and cut he does not declare the vacancy, or someone else might be ahead of you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic