• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
mChat Sunday @ 0900 hrs
Celticbhoy

Need to remember the prison is ours we just let them stay there. So none of this it's there house or own space. You can't go to a hotel and spark up?

falkor
I vaguely remember some movie where tons of missing people were returned to the planet including Glen Miller although he was slightly changed and now played reggae
manc-apollo
In some YOI they do get gifts,socks or little stocking filler type things. Staff will usually get a longer dinner there will be a little fewer staff on over the whole day because bang up is usually earlier. You will tend to find its harder to bang up the more difficult cons near the end of your day over the festive period.
Moredread
We're also doing something different again this year for food. Last year I did a tapas which was amazing. This year with be a 3 bird game pie (pheasant, partridge and duck - all shot locally and prepared by yours truly), roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots and peas with a home made stuffing.
SgtBush
But boss boss....... NO.
No is a good word to have.
You can change a no to a yes easier than a yes to a no if your unsure.

do join us :slcu: on this early morning mChat, a variety of questions and answers to be had
have your questions prepped for our experts and you will get an on the spot answer
click the X top right of this Announcement panel :x-)

OSG ARE Being Transfered To The Mittie Group

high profile stories and issues for Prison Officers

Moderator: Chryo

exmick

OSG ARE Being Transfered To The Mittie Group

Post by exmick » Fri May 04, 2012 7:28 am

All OSG's working in public sector prisons that win their bids will be transferred to MITIE under TUPE rules and as such will maintain there terms and conditions MY ARSE.

What are the POA doing about this keeping very quite at the moment £13.50 a month for what !!!!!!to be sold down the river stand by other prisons who are going to be put up for bidding another 25 to be announced

GAOLGUARD
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: OSG ARE Being Transfered To The Mittie Group

Post by GAOLGUARD » Fri May 04, 2012 7:39 am

Absolutely shocking, once again OSGs sold down the river, last it was do your NVQ and become an Officer, never happened and now we are used as bait to attract a company who will offer nothing and take a lot, there is nothing MITIE brings to the table that we already have, certainly I would not want to work for them voluntary.
As for the POA they were slow to recognise the post of OSG and have never promoted their terms and conditions of employment.
ITS A DISGRACE AND I HOPE PSP WIN NOTHING!

aidy48
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Priest'

Post by aidy48 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:34 am

How do you know this? Any proof?

ZzoL
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by ZzoL » Fri May 04, 2012 2:22 pm

after talking with the POA, it is happening. well that is to say its still in the planing stages at this point and it WILL happen to any prison that is up for competition at the moment that the public sector keep. however its worth pointing out that OSG's can strike, and no offer has been put on the table, OSG's where never greatly paid under NOMS anyway so if mittie offer simular it would probably happen with only the slightest of grumbles. our POA guy said that this is going to happen to all public prison, those up for bidding or not

Ethnic
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Ethnic » Fri May 04, 2012 3:02 pm

ZzoL wrote:after talking with the POA, it is happening. well that is to say its still in the planing stages at this point and it WILL happen to any prison that is up for competition at the moment that the public sector keep.

Our No1 has said the same

OSG's where never greatly paid under NOMS anyway so if mittie offer simular it would probably happen with only the slightest of grumbles.

Nowhere near enough for the jobs they do

our POA guy said that this is going to happen to all public prison, those up for bidding or not

exmick

Post by exmick » Fri May 04, 2012 3:08 pm

We have been sent an e-mail from the POA reps who attended a meeting in Leeds last week its going to happen and there is fcuk all we can do about it ther words, its a Goverment decsion MY ARSE sold down the river. POA are worried incase it appears in papers I wonder why !!

Wyer
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Wyer » Sat May 05, 2012 5:57 am

If the POA stand by and do nothing about this, then what is the point in them being there in the 1st place?

But may I also point out that in the new T&C for the new contracts, they do include the OSG grade.
Also this info is coming out just in time that the MoJ is offering all staff under £20k to transfer over to the new T&C......

so its going to be a case of the OSGs signing the new t&c and carry on being a part of NOMS or they don't and get f**ked over / sold off to Mittie.

stitchedup
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by stitchedup » Sat May 05, 2012 6:49 am

IMHO, I don't think it will make a difference if OSG's, Works, Admin etc map over under F & S, they'll still be taken over by MITIE if their jail is market tested.

Also, NOMS will realise what a money saver it is selling everyone's jobs (apart from Officer's) to MITIE, that it will happen in all jails, market tested or not. Then, before you know it, Officers will be transferred over as well.

Creeping privatisation, & I don't think any of that is scaremongering. BUT IT WILL COST MORE OVERALL. However, at least the Governments mates, the Private sector will be happy. It'll just need a few back handers & promises of directorships.

I can't think of any other Public sector service that gets f**ked over as much as we do. The "F**k staff about office" at NOMS are really earning their pay.

Also, how happy am I that I have to be on a pay freeze & pay more for my pension so at least 2000 senior civil servants can avoid paying their fair share in tax! If they're civil servants, why aren't they on PAYE, the same as I am?

Wyer
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Wyer » Sat May 05, 2012 8:10 pm

stitchedup wrote:IMHO, I don't think it will make a difference if OSG's, Works, Admin etc map over under F & S, they'll still be taken over by MITIE if their jail is market tested.
Now their is the flaw in you 'opinion'.
Its not being resticted to prisons that are tested, its an offer for ALL OSGs though out the service & it does make a diff.
They are trying to sell off the service.
Wake up! The OSGs won't be the last uniform to be sold off if we as a Union allow this to happen.

stitchedup
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by stitchedup » Sat May 05, 2012 10:24 pm

I see no flaws in my "opinion", please read it properly. You give the impression in your previous post that if OSG's map over to new T's & C's under F & S they're safe from privatisation. I'd love to see somebody use that excuse.

So what's the offer to all OSG's throughout the service?

I do point out that it may happen in all Public sector prisons, not just those that are market tested. In fact I would go as far as to say, again in my "opinion" that everybody employed by HMPS in a Public sector prison (post F & S) who is not a Governor grade, a Custodial manager, a Supervisory Officer or a Prison officer may be transferred to MITIE.

Oh yes, I'm wide awake to this. Do you reckon that the POA have got a masterplan that is so secret & brilliant that they're not telling anybody what it is?

Because I don't.

Koda
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Koda » Fri May 11, 2012 6:54 am

And then it will be PEIs OMU etc etc. As soon as Hmp got into bed with Mitie the writing was on the wall. It's all about not paying pensions, not paying sick, that is how it will be 'cost effective' in the long run. They seem to be forgetting the shameful staff turn around they have in the private sector. A new
Set of staff every two weeks, what could possibly go wrong?
Friendly fire....... Isn't! ....

Tommy Turnkey
Official Member
Official Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by Tommy Turnkey » Fri May 11, 2012 12:28 pm

As I stood outside my establishment yesterday some osgs were seen point out staff as the governor took the names of staff, couldn't believe it,some people are so short sighted.

Peat
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Peat » Fri May 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Tommy Turnkey wrote:As I stood outside my establishment yesterday some osgs were seen point out staff as the governor took the names of staff, couldn't believe it,some people are so short sighted.
I take no sides on this, but if I can play the 'Devils Advocate' here, could the offending OSG's, from where you were stood, be heard giving names etc. to the Gov?
If true then shame be on them for they are just ignorant jobsworth's ( I was going to say thundercu@ts but thought better of it ). :slbg:
No Matter Where You Go...........There You Are..........

sharpe
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by sharpe » Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 pm

What where they meant to say to the gov? no do it yourself ? Do not think that would have gone down very well

Peat
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Peat » Fri May 11, 2012 8:00 pm

sharpe wrote:What where they meant to say to the gov? no do it yourself ? Do not think that would have gone down very well
Well, why not? :sloo:
No Matter Where You Go...........There You Are..........

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic