• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Vetting Worries

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
samfa1992
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

Vetting Worries

Post by samfa1992 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:25 pm

Any help would be greatly appreciated........
To begin with hello everyone...

I am currently in the vetting process which I believe began on 1st August.
My employers/ countersignstory have received contact to send there references through within the past 2weeks.

However...... I have not yet been contacted or asked about any of my financial states or personal debts etc.
I have a bad credit rating which is due to debts I have from 4years+, which are due to a bad relationship where an ex partner was getting debts in my name. over the last year I have been finding out more and more about the debts which are not relatively high amounts, but there are a few of them.

Unfortunately I have seeked advice from citizens advice and they said the best they can advise me is too pay the debts off or enter an IVA.
I've held off from doing this at the moment due to my desire to become a Prison Officer as I wasn't sure what would be best to do. Even though financially id be comfortable to make payments. ( just a little stubborn due to the fact of this is not my debt) however need to bite the bullet that i can't get out of this.

Can somebody/anybody assist me on where I Amy stand with my vetting process and possible outcome of my desire to follow my dream career

Karen47
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Mood:

Re: Vetting Worries

Post by Karen47 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:17 pm

They don't actually ask for actual info on debt just if you've been/are bankrupt or are in an IVA. I read somewhere on here that they don't do actual credit checks anymore (not sure if this is fact or not). I believe that they take each individual case on its own merit, if they have any queries they will contact you. :slbg:
RAD 13th June. Pass result 14th June :slyay: . Merit listed 20th June. Applied 2nd establishment 24th June, POST test passed 26th June. Conditional offer 11th July. Accepted & Vetting forms back 12th July :sloo: now waiting :slzi:

Kryptonian
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by Kryptonian » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi, I stated in my forms that I have small debts which have never resulted in bankruptcy, ccj or iva (juggling money and basically paying interest via minimum payment, due to low income employment). I have a poor credit score and would be looking to pay debts off as soon as poss, if and when I pass vetting.
I think they do, do a credit search but you can only be honest and upfront, and hope for the best. They will get in contact for more info if needed or proof that you're paying debts off.
All the best to you and keep us posted with your progress. :slby:

samfa1992
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

Post by samfa1992 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:28 am

Thank you both very much for your reply. Fingers crossed hopefully everything will be ok. Of course unwell be openly honest about any situation I am in, I just hope my honesty will be seen as a gain rather than a negative mark against me.

Many Thanks again. :slbg:

Kateelliot
Rookie Member

Post by Kateelliot » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:00 am

Morning everyone,

My first post on here, I've been given a conditional offer and am in the stages of filling out information for vetting. I'm worried about a caution I had from 2008, I know the system has changed and vetting go on individual merit but I'm worrying myself here thinking will my caution go against me? Do they go by a list of yes and no's anymore? I will be honest and open about everything as I have nothing to hide I just hope this goes in my favour. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Karen47
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Mood:

Post by Karen47 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 am

Hi all you can do is be totally honest, honesty & integrity are important. No one can tell you which way it will go, but I've seen a few on here write about cautions they've had, so it might be worth while searching the forum for similar queries. All the best. :slbg:
RAD 13th June. Pass result 14th June :slyay: . Merit listed 20th June. Applied 2nd establishment 24th June, POST test passed 26th June. Conditional offer 11th July. Accepted & Vetting forms back 12th July :sloo: now waiting :slzi:

Kateelliot
Rookie Member

Post by Kateelliot » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 am

Thank you for your reply, I've searched on every thread and I've read lots of encouraging comments which have helped put my mind at rest a little. I've not yet come across anyone who has been refused due to a caution they have declared only references and ex partners, cases like that I've seen. You just hit that wall where you start to worry about mistakes you made as a young adult and things that fell against you unfairly and it puts all sorts of doubts in your mind.
Last edited by Kateelliot on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saxon79
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Saxon79 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:46 am

I wouldn't worry about one caution. If I can pass vetting then most people can
Applied 27/5/2017
RAD 23/6/2017
Rad Results 27/6/2017
Merit Listed 28/6/2017
Conditional Offer 1/7/2017
Vetting 1/7/2017

Passed Vetting 4/8/2017 :slyay:
Start 2/10/2017 :slyay: :slyay: :slyay:
POELT 9/10/2017 :D

Kateelliot
Rookie Member

Post by Kateelliot » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Honesty is the best policy so I will disclose everything and keep everything crossed, thank you for your comments.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic