• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
mChat Sunday @ 0900 hrs
Celticbhoy

Need to remember the prison is ours we just let them stay there. So none of this it's there house or own space. You can't go to a hotel and spark up?

falkor
I vaguely remember some movie where tons of missing people were returned to the planet including Glen Miller although he was slightly changed and now played reggae
manc-apollo
In some YOI they do get gifts,socks or little stocking filler type things. Staff will usually get a longer dinner there will be a little fewer staff on over the whole day because bang up is usually earlier. You will tend to find its harder to bang up the more difficult cons near the end of your day over the festive period.
Moredread
We're also doing something different again this year for food. Last year I did a tapas which was amazing. This year with be a 3 bird game pie (pheasant, partridge and duck - all shot locally and prepared by yours truly), roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots and peas with a home made stuffing.
SgtBush
But boss boss....... NO.
No is a good word to have.
You can change a no to a yes easier than a yes to a no if your unsure.

do join us :slcu: on this early morning mChat, a variety of questions and answers to be had
have your questions prepped for our experts and you will get an on the spot answer
click the X top right of this Announcement panel :x-)

Long Wait!

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
K123
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Long Wait!

Post by K123 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:20 pm

I don't think about it, hard I know, but I keep
Myself occupied at work, gym, dog walking usually clears my head so its abit easier 😁 My attitude is , if they need you they'll contact you. No news is good news. I probably won't even realise when my status online changes and they'll pop up out of the blue with "the call" I've learnt the hard way, after been merit listed for quite a while, I checked emails every day can't even count how many times. I even phoned SS a few times to make sure I wasn't forgotten about. 😁 This feels like a breeze. 🙈Probably won't be saying that after a few weeks
22nd April - RAD
28th April - RAD results passed/OH Assist Returned
12th May - Merit Listed
1st August - Conditional Offer/Submitted Vetting

24th November - Got the call :slyay:
8th January - Start Date

Saxon79
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Saxon79 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:41 pm

My changed on a Saturday. I checked on a Friday and it hadn't changed but checked again next morning and it had.
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8

Noggy70
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Noggy70 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Waiting does suck... I've got conditional offer 3 days after attending RAD but have just been stuck in vetting since.. All my refs and counter signature have been done. But still I wait.. SS won't tell anything... Just want to hand my notice in at work and get on with it now.....

Jao589

Post by Jao589 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Going through the same. Got offer in like June and have been waiting ever since. Kinda sucks.

olimf93
Official Member
Official Member
Mood:

Post by olimf93 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:46 am

Hey,

I can TOTALLY relate. We have a very similar timeline (albeit I was one or two days earlier).

I found out that actually one of my references hadn't been contacted, someone within the vetting process made a mistake and entered the wrong details, and then additional wrong details after i'd corrected them.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that I only found out last week that everything has finally come back clear. It will likely be the same for you, maybe somewhere along the line something hasn't been done etc. I know they changed the vetting process over the past couple of months in a hope to speed up the process.

I know it's tough, but just grin and bare with it. And keep badgering!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic