• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Facebook vetting?

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
danboy17
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Re: Facebook vetting?

Post by danboy17 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:50 pm

They can check your social media accounts but only if set to public if they are set to private then there is not a lot they can see. Full access to social media accounts is part of the higher security vetting and forms part of a CTC or Security check. Most of us are not being checked to CTC level.

From my time in the police this is the policy that they have to follow

'Personal information that you have chosen to display publicly (i.e. not viewable to 'Friends only' or 'Friends of friends') can be viewed freely by police in the same way it could be by other browsers, as it is considered to be in the public domain.

Personal information that you have protected from public sight - either 'Friends only' information or personal details such as email addresses only accessible to Facebook - can be requested by police.

There are strict guidelines in relation to accessing this kind of data and police must prove a legitimate policing purpose (such as investigating a serious offence or, sadly, if you have died and we are investigating your death) before Facebook will hand over any personal information, which complies with Facebook's own Terms and Conditions. This is a similar process to if police had to contact mobile phone companies for personal details.
'

Mjaymz
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Mjaymz » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Thanks sgtbush for clearing that up like I said earlier :slbg:

piotrasoff
Rookie Member

Post by piotrasoff » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:25 pm

danboy17 that was very useful information. If it still working like this in NOMS then I think it OK. Anyway you can hide almost everything but not... pages you "like". U guess how they react for some "incorrect" profiles? The fact you watching/reading something doesn't mean you support it. It may be slippery thread, and final vetting result may be just a matter of opinion, stupid as "he likes too much conservative pages, do not support LGBT, so for sure he is racist, and I don't care he never said racist thing".

laticsash92
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Post by laticsash92 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:48 am

danboy17 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:50 pm
They can check your social media accounts but only if set to public if they are set to private then there is not a lot they can see. Full access to social media accounts is part of the higher security vetting and forms part of a CTC or Security check. Most of us are not being checked to CTC level.

From my time in the police this is the policy that they have to follow

'Personal information that you have chosen to display publicly (i.e. not viewable to 'Friends only' or 'Friends of friends') can be viewed freely by police in the same way it could be by other browsers, as it is considered to be in the public domain.

Personal information that you have protected from public sight - either 'Friends only' information or personal details such as email addresses only accessible to Facebook - can be requested by police.

There are strict guidelines in relation to accessing this kind of data and police must prove a legitimate policing purpose (such as investigating a serious offence or, sadly, if you have died and we are investigating your death) before Facebook will hand over any personal information, which complies with Facebook's own Terms and Conditions. This is a similar process to if police had to contact mobile phone companies for personal details.
'
This is why when i got vetted for the police they could check everything regardless of how Private my profile was. Infact they could even see statues that i had deleted! :slred:

Tiger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tiger » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:59 pm

hmmmreally wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:29 pm
they check for stuff like whether your in the bnp or a terriost organisation etc I'm sure they don't look to see how good franks dogs auntie cat is feeling
Dying :slhehe:
:slbg: RAD 2nd Sept
:slyay: RAD results 4th Sept
Now waiting... :slwin:

Vetting form :sltgn: 6th Oct
Submitted 15th Oct :slred:

:slyay: on the vetting train :slcl:

rlm123
Banned Member

Post by rlm123 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:54 pm

I know this is an old thread, but deleting would be the best thing for anyone.

A couple years ago my police vetting failed because of having freinds with back grounds that i would of never known about and also a group i had liked could have be seen as offensive( not sure what )

be safe delete whilst being vetted
Applied: 15/7 Passed Online: 17/7 Familiarization:03/08 Rad: 04/08 Rad results pass: 07/08 OH Assist: 09/08 Vetting submitted: 10/08
CTC VETTING SUBMITTED: 12/09
Steria change: 29/9waiting for higher checks to be completed

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic