• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

What would you do?

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Porecruit17
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:24 pm

What would you do?

Post by Porecruit17 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:38 pm

I am due to start January 2018...

I have everything completed, signed contract, uniform order submitted. I.T security stuff sorted. Got all my paper work regarding allowances, my accommodation and times etc.

All ready to go, other than pension stuff still awaiting as only just sent contract back.

Here is the problem.. CTC is still outstanding. My current position requires me to give 4 weeks notice. So would need to hand my notice in beginning of December. My CTC had been in progress now for 5 weeks and I know it can take up to 12 weeks. If i have not been granted clearance before December would you risk handing in notice without clearance? Or would you call for start date to be delayed? But then I might receive the clearance in December.
Which then Just delays the process even more. The CTC will be 63 days in progress on my start date. My establishment and PR says that there positive it will be fine otherwise they wouldn't have given start date etc.

some advice or has anyone been in similar situation before?

Whats best to do?

User avatar
SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:09 am
Mood:

Re: What would you do?

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:47 pm

Until that clearance is confirmed I would not be doing anything.
Fam visit then POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July
OH Assist - 28 Sept/9 Nov
Waiting the call - 11 Nov :slyay:
The Call 15 Nov - Start date TBC

User avatar
SgtBush
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Re: What would you do?

Post by SgtBush » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Does your contract state conditional upon ctc checks being satisfactory?
Or is it an unconditional contract with start dates etc

User avatar
Karen47
Counsellor
Counsellor
Posts: 622
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 am
Mood:

Re: What would you do?

Post by Karen47 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:38 pm

If the CTC throws a curve ball, what Happens? I think you need to check 'what ifs' of worst case scenario
RAD 13/06. Pass result 14/06 :slyay: . Merit listed 20/06. Applied 2nd establishment 24/06, POST test passed 26/06. Conditional offer 11/07. Vetting starts 12/07. Passed vetting 30/10. Poelt 08/01 :slyay:

Porecruit17
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: What would you do?

Post by Porecruit17 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:04 pm

The appointment will be on a conditional basis pending the completion of all appropriate pre-employment checks. If the outcome of this is satisfactory to us you will be notified accordingly as your appointment will be continued on an established basis. If the result of the enquiry is not satisfactory to us, your conditional appointment will normally be terminated unless, exceptionally, the Department is able to offer a permanent appointment on different conditions of service or at another establishment/location agreed with you.


This is what is stated in my contract.....

User avatar
SgtBush
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Re: What would you do?

Post by SgtBush » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Dont do anything untill ctc cleared then.

User avatar
Kryptonian
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 10:08 am
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Re: What would you do?

Post by Kryptonian » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:47 pm

What are the chances your CTC will find something? I'm certainly not suggesting you should throw caution to the wind, but are you confident? It's a crap situation to be honest. And It's unfair of vetting to offer you a contract tbh.
For hat it's worth, I say, hang fire.

Porecruit17
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: What would you do?

Post by Porecruit17 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:37 pm

Update! CTC is showing as complete tonight! Now I guess await the outcome, does anyone know how long this takes to receive?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic