• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Vetting length

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Vetting length

Post by Newbie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:15 pm

I've finally joined the vetting train I'm hoping as I've waited so long to get here that my vetting may be a lot quicker, probably wishful thinking. Does it take much longer for a CAT A checks to be done?
Rad 23rd May
Results 24th May
Merit List 6th June
Vetting submitted 24th October
Start 26th March :slyay:

Porecruit17
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Porecruit17 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Hello welcome,

Yes it does take longer! I passed vetting and got start dates with 5-6 weeks of submitting pre-employment checks, but I am still waiting for clearance on my CTC! It's been 6 weeks so far, but only 3 weeks in progress as was waiting for sponsor for 3 weeks. That's the person requesting your CTC clearance. It can take up to 13 weeks I believe which is some like 63 working days. Although there are people on here recently been posting and the average seems to be 5-6 weeks for the CTC alone. The advice I give is that as soon As you get it through, fill out with honesty and said it off straight away! When it comes through tor sponsor should email you too. They did me, if after a week it's not in progress, you can see this by logging in on the Nsv portal contact your sponsor through the email they sent you, email the sponsor saying it's not in progress. They will put it in progress and will save you weeks of waiting extra like I have.

If you use the search function, there are no end of threads talking about CTC and pretty much Anything else you need to know!

Would be nice to here from you what Cat A your going to!

Pm me if you wish

keiramurphy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by keiramurphy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:11 pm

Hey guys. Sorry I'm jumping on your post, don't know how to do a new one.

Basically I passed my RAD on 20th September, and I haven't heard anything since. OH assist said I was on the list for the nurse to ring me back, but I rang them today and they said my file is now closed and they've sent my report off which confused me as I haven't had a phone call off anyone.

And shared services keep changing their story! 2 weeks ago, the woman on the phone apologised to me as she forgot to change my status to pass, and told me i would recieve a email and start filling my employment out online. I rang up yesterday and they said they are still waiting for confirmation to say I've passed my RAD!!

I'm so annoyed! Any advice?? X

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:47 pm

When phoning OH assist you spoke to a help line, the nurse has probably looked at your file and decided they didn't need to speak to you.

As for passing in September and not hearing anything, this is perfectly normal, there are people that have been here since June waiting.
Fam visit then POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July
OH Assist - 28 Sept/9 Nov
Waiting the call - 11 Nov :slyay:
The Call 15 Nov - Start date TBC

Burtonboy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Burtonboy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:56 pm

Surely they shouldn’t be waiting that long just to find out they have passed Rad, and if they have been merit listed or a conditional offer.

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:28 pm

It can take up to 8 weeks having read comments on here. It shouldn't take so long you are right but occasionally they kick the arse out of it and people don't get to know for months.
Fam visit then POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July
OH Assist - 28 Sept/9 Nov
Waiting the call - 11 Nov :slyay:
The Call 15 Nov - Start date TBC

Porecruit17
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Porecruit17 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:49 pm

Does anyone know how long after CTC going from in progress to completed will I get the outcome?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic