• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
five years ago Benchmarking came in which said prisons could run with a lot less staff, VEDS was born and thousands of highly experienced prison officers were paid off handsomely to leave early.
This gave HMP the prisons with a lot less staff that they wanted and since then? Well since then we have RECORD NUMBERS of brand new prison officers with 0 experience whatever. Far better than the hugely experienced prison officers who were paid handsomely to leave.
Join falkor, manc-apollo and npatchet2000, Twisties and Moredread for the BIG DISCUSSION on all this and more, 2000hrs Wednesday night

mChat Wednesday night 2000 :slhehe:

Black coffee :mug: provided free

Reserve list

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
JuicyJac
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Mood:

Reserve list

Post by JuicyJac » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi

newbie here!!! I passed my Rad and filled out OH Assist medical, then been told I'm on the waiting list : it says for 12 months, I can cope with waiting but has anyone waited over the 12 months and then needed to reapply? not sure if to change prison I'm after and go further afield?
Any advice appreciated

Jacq

PaulP
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Reserve list

Post by PaulP » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Hello, I passed my RAD on a Sunday - great news, got put on the reserve list on the Monday - I was gutted but it turns out it's a good thing, happens a lot to people apparently. I was on the list for a few days but in response to your question - I haven't read about anyone staying on the list for longer than 12 months. Good luck!
17 AUG Applied
17 SEP RAD
18 SEP RAD Result: Passed
9 NOV Conditional Offer
16 NOV Vetting Commenced
9 JAN Vetting Complete (in just under 8 weeks)
23 APR Start POELT @ Medway

Burtonboy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Burtonboy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:55 pm

I’ve been on the reserve list for two months, I can’t remember anyone posting about being on the reserve list for longer that 6 months, but there’s a first time for everything.

SgtBush
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SgtBush » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:11 pm

In the old days it used to happen every now and again but in the current recruitment climate around 4-6 months is expected. Sometimes more, sometimes less dependent on responses to SSCL

JuicyJac
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Mood:

Post by JuicyJac » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks all,

went for my RAD in Oct so hopefully hear something just going to get a start date for another job on Friday and I have to pay them if I leave before next October. So maybe I will hear something in the New Year, Don't think I will start this other job till March time so I would have ben on the waiting list for 5 months by then!

Jay17

Post by Jay17 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:15 pm

I was put on the reserve list for my chosen vacancy, so asked SS to transfer my RAD assessment over to another prison, and have been offered a conditional offer of employment, as long as I pass vetting and occupational health clearance. So just waiting now!

Kangaroo
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kangaroo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Nice one

Xoxox
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Xoxox » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Ive been on merit list sincw august...lancaster farms put jobs on last week so transferred my rad pass over.... back on the merit list for lancaster farms now too... the system just doesnt make sense its so frustrating!
Application 15/07/17
RAD 02/08/17
RAD passed 07/08/17
Merit listed 07/08/17 :(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic